Help with some sun and fun

heeb

Traveling to Barbados on AOTS Feb 9th. Looking for a nice quiet beach, chairs available, lunch available, restrooms, small surf, no bothersome locals and what you would consider totally enjoyable. A day pass facility would be great but every recommendation would be considered in the decision. Thanks ahead.:cool:

• 2 months later...
Traveling to Barbados on AOTS Feb 9th. Looking for a nice quiet beach, chairs available, lunch available, restrooms, small surf, no bothersome locals and what you would consider totally enjoyable. A day pass facility would be great but every recommendation would be considered in the decision. Thanks ahead.:cool:

Take a taxi to Worthing Beach (should cost around $20 for two of you if you go privately), which is on the south coast (I'm sure you've never heard of it!). You can also take the bus - I'm not sure which one though. You'll be looking for one going to Oistin's or St. Lawrence Gap. The beach is all locals (who are minding their own business - NO beach vendors, except the guy selling chairs/umbrellas) and ex-pats who are spending time in Barbados. Only one small hotel and a few condos on the beach, so it's largely empty and definitely has no tourists.

The Carib beach bar has a great lunch menu: the flying fish is some of my favorite on the island, the fish cakes are to DIE for (I seriously dream about them) and the Banks is cold and cheap. The rest rooms are clean at the restaurant and the locals friendly - they'll happily call a taxi for you when you're ready to go back to the ship. There may or may not be changing rooms at the far end of the beach as well.

The surf is small, broken by an off-shore reef. Great for kids or non-swimming adults. My Dad, an ex-pat who lived in Barbados for four years, lived on this beach - it's my home away from home!

Here are some photos:

7102787321_a54d94fcbf_b.jpg

4375429835_0d89346257_b.jpg

4376180304_6b360099da_b.jpg

4376237400_df3783f4fe_b.jpg

5544843394_beaa5ef614_b.jpg

Take a taxi to Worthing Beach (should cost around $20 for two of you if you go privately), which is on the south coast (I'm sure you've never heard of it!). You can also take the bus - I'm not sure which one though. You'll be looking for one going to Oistin's or St. Lawrence Gap. The beach is all locals (who are minding their own business - NO beach vendors, except the guy selling chairs/umbrellas) and ex-pats who are spending time in Barbados. Only one small hotel and a few condos on the beach, so it's largely empty and definitely has no tourists.

The Carib beach bar has a great lunch menu: the flying fish is some of my favorite on the island, the fish cakes are to DIE for (I seriously dream about them) and the Banks is cold and cheap. The rest rooms are clean at the restaurant and the locals friendly - they'll happily call a taxi for you when you're ready to go back to the ship. There may or may not be changing rooms at the far end of the beach as well.

The surf is small, broken by an off-shore reef. Great for kids or non-swimming adults. My Dad, an ex-pat who lived in Barbados for four years, lived on this beach - it's my home away from home!

Here are some photos:

7102787321_a54d94fcbf_b.jpg

4375429835_0d89346257_b.jpg

4376180304_6b360099da_b.jpg

4376237400_df3783f4fe_b.jpg

5544843394_beaa5ef614_b.jpg

Great Info!!!! I am just starting to research Barbados as were going on a Cruise that stops there in a few months. Been there a long time ago, and wanted to get away from the crowds! Thanks, Mark