Excursions with Kids

TravelBug1012

We will be to St. Croix in March on a cruise. We would like suggestions on fun things to do with 2 boys ages 12 & 17. They are very adventurous but also like the beach (if there are activities). May combining something that we could cover both.

We are already doing catamarans on 2 other islands with Snorkeling so wanted to change it up a little.

We will be to St. Croix in March on a cruise. We would like suggestions on fun things to do with 2 boys ages 12 & 17. They are very adventurous but also like the beach (if there are activities). May combining something that we could cover both.

We are already doing catamarans on 2 other islands with Snorkeling so wanted to change it up a little.

Check with Tan Tan Tours about a jeep trip to the anally tidepools. http://www.stxtantantours.com/

That's definitely something adventurous the boys won't have seen before.

For a beach with activities you could hit Rainbow for jetskis or Freedom City for paddle-boarding.

Hope this helps!

Check with Tan Tan Tours about a jeep trip to the anally tidepools. http://www.stxtantantours.com/

That's definitely something adventurous the boys won't have seen before.

For a beach with activities you could hit Rainbow for jetskis or Freedom City for paddle-boarding.

Hope this helps!

Drake! I appreciate your response to my question!

We are currently signed up to do the Half Day Frederiksted Sail & Beach Break thru Royal Caribbean. However, if you have any better suggestions we would love to know what you suggest. I prefer excursions NOT booked thru the cruise ship as you get more for your money, see much more, and its less crowded.

I am very interested in the Jeep Tour as well and seen they do 1/2 day tours or full day.

Do you recommend doing the full day with them or 1/2 and also fitting in a Sail Tour?

Is the hike to and from the Tide Pools strenuous and how long does it take to hike to them?

As for Souvenir shopping (in particular) Hook Bracelet which shopping center do we need to go to?

Again- appreciate you greatly!

Alison

Drake! I appreciate your response to my question!

We are currently signed up to do the Half Day Frederiksted Sail & Beach Break thru Royal Caribbean. However, if you have any better suggestions we would love to know what you suggest. I prefer excursions NOT booked thru the cruise ship as you get more for your money, see much more, and its less crowded.

I am very interested in the Jeep Tour as well and seen they do 1/2 day tours or full day.

Do you recommend doing the full day with them or 1/2 and also fitting in a Sail Tour?

Is the hike to and from the Tide Pools strenuous and how long does it take to hike to them?

As for Souvenir shopping (in particular) Hook Bracelet which shopping center do we need to go to?

Again- appreciate you greatly!

Alison

Happy to help!

The Jeep tour I was suggesting for you is the Anally Bay Tide Pool Swim from Tan Tan Tours. It takes about 2.5 hours and it's $100 per person, well worth it in my book.

If you still want to go sailing before or after that you are welcome to it but everytime I've gone to the tidepools I've been ready to nap on the beach afterwards!

I've never done the hike myself, I've always done it in a jeep. Once with Tan Tan and a few times with friends. From my view inside the jeep it looked way too rough for me to hike.

For your Hook I suggest the tents on the waterfront by the ship, much easier than trying to get down to Sonya's in Christiansted.

Let me know how else I can help!