Buying souvenirs. Deals you found. Do tell !!!

We have only been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but i believe we found some good deals, tell everyone here, things you have bought and the round about prices (best you can remember) .....

Grand Cayman - Tortuga rumcakes - found same price on ship, although bought a 6 pack of 4 oz Blackbeard rumcakes for 30.00 and received 2lb (32 oz)

for free .. located right at plaza at Margaritaville

also Cruzan rum for 8.00 a fifth .. same plaza

Cozumel - Mexican blankets -- If you haggle, and in Mexico that's what they do (never pay full price) We got 3 for 21.00 -- seems like best deal, (that is for the large size)

Also will come down alot on silver - Wife bargained down a bracelet, (silver / black onyx ) started at 85.00 got it for 50.00 ..

We got so many deals, will add more later, LETS HERE FROM THE REST OF YOU ALL !!!!! :)

ok, as far as big conch shells .... they try to get like 10.00 us for them, 5.00 is a bargaining price ... i bought 1 in Cozumel for 4.00

now, i'm not a complainer, i just like to have fun with the locals, lol ... and dont want to pay more for these souvenirs than you should ....:)

POST UP PEOPLE< I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BELIZE< ROATAN< COSTA MAYA

• 1 month later...

Belize - we purchased Belize Humane Society t-shirts (they were either $10 or $20) that are adorable AND the proceeds support a worthy cause. The woman manning the table was American. Might not be a bargain, but it wasn't kitch. The able was on the way to the restroom from the tender pier.

Roatan - we circled the shopping area several times and finally settled on Christian t-shirts sold at a booth that supported an orphanage and went to another booth to purchase a gorgeous, hand-carved and very unique wood nativity set.

Costa Maya - I didn't like it so I didn't purchase anything there.

In Belize there is a gift shop on the pier kinda in the center. The owner is a Chinese guy and watches Chinese soap operas all day and is really grumpy. :) He has really cheap prices on the regular souveniers; shot glasses, t shirts, etc.

On Roatan, in the Mahogany Bay pier, there is a shop that sells $5 t shirts. They are crap quality though LOL. Well, they are thick jersey and I like my t shirts thin and more stretchy. But bf got a t shirt with a toucan on it, very lovely looking print for $5.

• 1 month later...

I was at the Grand Cammans a week after their yearly Pirate Party. They were selling leftover pirate logo items at low prices. I bought two nice $30 golf shirts for $5 each.

At several South Pacific Islands that we stopped at were local stalls setup at the pier. If you went to the stalls just before the ship was leaving, you could get some deals on local crafts.

Don

does anyone know the round about going prices for the colorful Junco Baskets, the 1 barrel rum , the wooden homemade bowls ??? :)

Roatan - the wooden bowl was $20 on up. Very nice. Also bought wood nativity set...gorgeous and very unique.