Hi Larry

We have completed two cruises with Azamara and enjoyed both,and have booked another in 2014

1 Why are promotions ie choice air credit only for U.S.A. & Cannada and what promotions have you planned for U.K.

2 Have been told not to enroll for L.V.C. as we are elite member with Celebrity

3 We have not received gifts when we returned home ( is this related to Question 2 )

4 Why does it take so long to get an answer from post cruise customer relations

5 Why are ship excursions so vastly more expensive than private tours (ie Rio Carnival tickets )

Bill

[quote name='ROSSCOT']Hi Larry

We have completed two cruises with Azamara and enjoyed both,and have booked another in 2014

1 Why are promotions ie choice air credit only for U.S.A. & Cannada and what promotions have you planned for U.K.

2 Have been told not to enroll for L.V.C. as we are elite member with Celebrity

3 We have not received gifts when we returned home ( is this related to Question 2 )

4 Why does it take so long to get an answer from post cruise customer relations

5 Why are ship excursions so vastly more expensive than private tours (ie Rio Carnival tickets )

Bill[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello Bill -[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We appreciate your past patronage of Azamara and thank you for your decision to vacation with us again in 2014.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]With respect to your first question about ChoiceAir: it is a technology based tool that is not available in the UK; however, the UK offers a different way of providing air promotions such as free or reduced fares. Although we strive to be consistent across markets with our promotions, there are different rules of engagement in each market well as technological limitations and operational challenges. In fact, the UK and US/Canada markets operate as separate entities with respect to the reservation and air process and each market has their own website due to the different rules of engagement. That means that what is shown on the US/Canada website may not apply to the UK or other global markets. Also customer service issues are reviewed by the local market. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]For your questions about our past guest program, Le Club Voyage, and its impact with your Elite status with Celebrity and the gifts that you have not received, I recommend that you contact our Loyalty Desk for the UK & Ireland. All three Royal Caribbean companies offer reciprocal benefits to members enrolled in their loyalty programs and they will be able to check the details of your status with Azamara and Celebrity. Also, they will be able to help you with your customer service issues. I will have sent them a copy of your message and my response.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Loyalty Desk UK & Ireland[/FONT][/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor and Le Club Voyage[/FONT][/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Email: [EMAIL="captainsclub.uk@rccl.com"]captainsclub.uk@rccl.com[/EMAIL][/FONT][/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Tel: 0844 481 7505[/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Finally, with respect to the Rio Carnival tickets and other special events that we sometimes offer with our Land Discoveries shore excursion program, we deal with tour operators who have pre-purchased blocks of tickets; therefore, at the outset we are adding our profit to a base-cost that already includes the supplier's mark-up. That explains the reason why we are not able to offer the 25% savings (when booking online at least four days prior to departure) on shore excursions that include special ticketed events such as the Monaco Grand Prix, Rio Carnival, concerts and other ticketed performances.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We realize there are those who seem to prefer to book their shore excursions through independent operators. They are easy to find on the internet and they are usually priced less than our own [I]Land[/I] [I]Discoveries.[/I] However, independent operators don’t necessarily have the same insurance policy standards and users are not indemnified against loss due to cancellations or other unforeseen circumstances. In many ports independent tour operators are not even allowed pier side and guests must walk long, uncomfortable distances to even locate them. Our Land Discoveries groups get priority departure times from the ship in every port, and the ship will wait for you if your return is delayed. Last but not least, all Land Discoveries are led by experienced, reliable and insured tour operators, and you’ll never be surprised by hidden fees. When you book with us you’re in good hands.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I'm responding on behalf of Larry Pimentel behalf since the Q&A that he conducted earlier this year is no longer active; however, as his Chief Blogging Officer I provide him and our executive team with summaries of the valuable comments and feedback that we receive from our Cruise Critic followers.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We look forward to welcoming you aboard again in 2014![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Sincerely,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Bill Leiber[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]__________________________[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Chief Blogging Officer*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Azamara Club Cruises [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC) [/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the prompt reply Bill. I have been in contact with the loyalty desk who explained that the Azamara loyalty points are accrued on a stand alone basis, with guests requiring five Azamara cruise points to qualify for welcome home gift

Hello Rosscot -

Thank you for the positive feedback about the service you received from the UK team.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Best regards,

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Bill Leiber[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]__________________________[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Chief Blogging Officer*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Azamara Club Cruises [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC) [/FONT][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
This will be our first cruise and we really liked the look of the Azamara Quest
We are going on her on the 28th of August 2013 and I would like to know if I will be able to have a cup of tea for myself and my husband in the morning sent to my club veranda stateroom and also are the drinks in the mini fridge free thanking you Beryl

[quote name='Ann1947']This will be our first cruise and we really liked the look of the Azamara Quest
We are going on her on the 28th of August 2013 and I would like to know if I will be able to have a cup of tea for myself and my husband in the morning sent to my club veranda stateroom and also are the drinks in the mini fridge free thanking you Beryl[/QUOTE]

Yes you will be able to call room service to order a morning cuppa, either the night before by putting breakfast card on door handle or by calling in the morning.

The soft drinks in the fridge are included and will be replenished, but the other items are chargeable.

Enjoy your cruise. We join Quest on 14th September.

• 1 month later...
hello Bill

When we did 28 days b2b in Asia earlier this year, we'd have liked to book Europe b2b for 2014. At the time your double upgrade offer was only to 31 July 2014 and our preferred cruises are in August. So, we missed the opportunity for on-board booking benefits. I now see that Azamara is offering double upgrade on our preferred cruises - seemingly to everywhere except Australia and New Zealand (i.e. USA, UK and Germany are all able to avail themselves of trhe offer). Do you intend offering us Aussies this deal? If so, when?

regards

Tony

[quote name='AJCM']hello Bill

When we did 28 days b2b in Asia earlier this year, we'd have liked to book Europe b2b for 2014. At the time your double upgrade offer was only to 31 July 2014 and our preferred cruises are in August. So, we missed the opportunity for on-board booking benefits. I now see that Azamara is offering double upgrade on our preferred cruises - seemingly to everywhere except Australia and New Zealand (i.e. USA, UK and Germany are all able to avail themselves of trhe offer). Do you intend offering us Aussies this deal? If so, when?

regards

Tony[/QUOTE]

Do you have a second home ;) in one of these countries. if so you can book from that address?

Archived