Roll Call 4-16 Maiden Crossing QM2

cruisr

Hi! I'm new to this web page, so I started another roll call. I'll be on the QM2, sailing April 16th. Travelling with my mom and my 12 year old son. We are ocean liner buffs and couldn't resist the chance to be a part of history - I still remember the day the QE2 sailed into the New York Harbor on her maiden voyage. In those days, they used to fire cannons from Governors Island! We'll be in cabin 6154. Look forward to catching up with you all!

Well this is Dennis again just finishing up packing and can't wait to go just a couple of questions when do we put the QM2 baggage tags on after we arrive in England or after we get to the airport also what is the weather going to be like? I assumed it's going to be cold I just want to make sure as this is my first crossing. I will be in cabin 6010 see ya there!!

Hi All,

It's Cruisr again.

Shipping Out I left you a message on another post. I'll be with my 13 year old son. Glad to know there will be at least 1 other kid his approx. age. I wasn't sure if there would be too many.

We're starting to get excited.

In answer to the weather question- You never know. I've been to London at all times of year and I've been in April when it was near 70 and when it was barely 50. Definatly, not a sun bathing cruise.

In regard to the baggage tags-put them on after you come out of customs, if you are going directly to the ship. Otherwise, if you are staying in London, put them on before you go to the ship.

I'll check the posts again next week to see if anyone else has "checked-in" and we can set up a time/place for a get together.

Bon voyage

We're heading out today -- gonna spend the week in England before sailing back on the QM2. Is there Internet access on the ship? If so, I'll keep an eye out here for news of a get-together onboard.

Steve L.

We're off today providing the weather cooperates. Look forward to catching up with all of you on board. Reading so many pros and cons about the QM2, but I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she says to Richard Gere, "If I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time"! Take care and Bon Voyage!

Archived