Post Cruise Boston: Rowes Wharf?

Racer70

Has anybody used Rowes Wharf Water Transportation post cruise?

We have a 3:10 p.m. flight home in October after our cruise and would prefer to spend some more time in Boston rather than sitting at the airport for 6 hours.

They claim for $25 pp, (Cruise Ship Special) they will pick you up at Black Falcon cruise port, take you to their facility to store your luggage while you explore Boston prior to your flight. Then when you come back, they will take you to Logan Airport via water taxi for your flight home.

If you have used this service, how far is Downtown Boston? Can you walk from Rowes Wharf or must you take a cab? Was the service reliable? We don't want to end up missing our flight home. Thanks.

Of course, it depends where you're going downtown. It's about a 10 minute walk from Rowes Wharf to Faneuil Hall Marketplace, for instance. 15-25 minutes to the North End, depending on where in the North End you're going (about 20 minutes to walk from Rowes Wharf to the Old North Church). The New England Aquarium is only about 5 minutes from Rowes Wharf.

At the airport, you would take the free airport shuttle bus from the dock to the airport terminal. I have not used this water taxi service, but the luggage storage service sounds like an advantage.

Thank you, Blue Mudshark. I had the same question about location as Racer70 did, and you make it sound like it's nicely located for a few-hour post-cruise sightseeing adventure.

I will take some pictures of the area and post upon our return in late August.

This is one of the only places you can store luggage in Boston. We recommend it all the time on the East Coast Board. One of the feedback comments was that you have to troll your luggage at bit at Black Falcon Terminal to get to the water taxi.

An alternative woud be to pay a little more money and take a cab to Rowes Wharf and pay whatever they charge for the luggage storage and the water taxi to the Airport. The water taxi folks will know what time you have to leave to catch your flight. As someone said you have to take a free airport shuttle bus on the other side to get to the terminals. Thus company is in the business of transporting folks to the airport across the harbor.

• 1 month later...

I said I would report on our experience with the water taxi, but I can't, because we ended up using the ship's tour of Boston and transfer to the airport instead. Our Canada/New England cruise, with six busy ports in seven days (and three pre-cruise days walking all over Montreal) just tuckered us completely out. Maybe we'll try them next year, as we'll be back.