Price drop or not? Carnival website question

svm8

I've been diligently watching fares for my June cruise on the Ecstasy and have had no drops at all. Today when I did a mock booking, it shows a lower price until I get to the "your rate" page. It shows a lower rate on the search page and on the your room type page, but goes back to the previous rate on the page where you pick your rate.

I assume this is just a glitch on their site? I would love a price drop (am very happy with my rate and fine if I don't get it), but it would be nice to have some extra excursion money! Anyone else seeing this?

I noticed the same thing so I gave them a call and the lady said that it must have been a glitch in there system. Every booking I looked at had a lower price.

So since it was a glitch, I'm assuming they didn't honor the prices? Just wishful thinking, but I would so love even a tiny drop!

Go ahead and fill out the ES form for the rate you see... All they can say is no right? :D

I just filled one out and brings my obc to $320 total!! Whoo hoo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to do this, but I have 4 people in one room, so I don't know how to take the rate that they are showing on that front page and get to a total fare with the 3rd and 4th passenger rate.

I would love to do this, but I have 4 people in one room, so I don't know how to take the rate that they are showing on that front page and get to a total fare with the 3rd and 4th passenger rate.

Oh I see... Did u book with a travel agent or a pvp?

If it was not with a travel agent then I would call. U might have to wait a while but u it might be worth it :)

Good luck!

I noticed that yesterday too. I called and tried to explain to someone at Carnival after some persistance on my part I was able to get her to duplicate it with a woman whom answered but she was unable to give me that rate because it changed when we got to the final booking page. Her explanation is that there were no cabins available for that category?

I don't believe that was the case I think it was just an error/glitch in the system.

How did you make out with it?

So since it was a glitch, I'm assuming they didn't honor the prices? Just wishful thinking, but I would so love even a tiny drop!

There were two thread last night with similar glitches, but they wouldnt honor them.

something like $329 and up to book a balcony on a 7 day. but if you cant click thru its not a price they will honor.

I submitted a form, with the rate shown x4. I know that wouldn't be correct, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm fairly certain that nothing will come of it, especially after seeing other threads on the subject.

I'm just baffled about my cruise-all the other sailings around the same time have dropped, not huge amounts, but something!, and mine hasn't moved. The sailing the week before, the sailing the week after, but not mine:rolleyes:.

I'm hoping that between now and June we will see at least a small drop.

I submitted a form, with the rate shown x4. I know that wouldn't be correct, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm fairly certain that nothing will come of it, especially after seeing other threads on the subject.

I'm just baffled about my cruise-all the other sailings around the same time have dropped, not huge amounts, but something!, and mine hasn't moved. The sailing the week before, the sailing the week after, but not mine:rolleyes:.

I'm hoping that between now and June we will see at least a small drop.

Did u check what the rates showed on the fare viewer? It asks how many guests and might show a more accurate rate?

Archived