Hilton or Doubletree in Vancouver???

LisaRhea

Has anyone stayed at any of the Doubletree or Hilton hotels in the Vancouver area? My husband is a frequent traveler and always stays in the Hilton family of hotels and we were planning on using points to reserve a room before an Alaska cruise next summer. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Lisa

If I remember correctly, the Doubletree is out by the airport and quite a ways from the downtown or westend areas that are so popular. Depends on what you want. If you want to be down by the action and do a lot of sight seeing, staying out by the airport isn't very convenient.

The Hampton also has a very nice hot breakfast buffet that comes with the room.

We are going thru Vancouver next year also, and want to use Hilton points too. We have decided on the Hampton due to the location. Our flight arrives at noon, so we will have the afternoon and the next morning before the cruise to see some of the city, and the Hampton is closest to everything.

Jackie

Thanks for all the info! This will be my parents FIRST cruise - they are so excited. As it turns out, they went ahead and booked air thru the travel agent so it is likely they will fly in on the day of the crusie instead of a day early. Lisa

Archived