Carcross Yukon Expedition

Hi guys, been thinkin of going to Alaska next yr on Rcl or Princess, and was wondering if the tour in Skagway, the Yukon Expedition & white pass scenic railway tour is worth the money and time? Its about 8 hr tour. Have been to Skagway many times, but have never been to Carcross. I've seen on the images of Google, the pictures. Any suggestions?

Virginia

Personally, I found it interesting going to Carcross and glad I did. I only did the bus trip up/back and did the rail on another visit. My excursion was booked through the cruiseline and lucked out because we were on a mini-bus. There wasn't a lot of us on the tour. Our driver was fantastic and would stop along the highway if he thought he spotted something of interested.

We had phenomenal weather and were there in September. I do have pictures in my siggy below. Just click on the NCL Sun link and look for Skagway album.

Really, you are the only one that can decide whether it is worth your time and money. I'd say go for it.

Personally, I found it interesting going to Carcross and glad I did. I only did the bus trip up/back and did the rail on another visit. My excursion was booked through the cruiseline and lucked out because we were on a mini-bus. There wasn't a lot of us on the tour. Our driver was fantastic and would stop along the highway if he thought he spotted something of interested.

We had phenomenal weather and were there in September. I do have pictures in my siggy below. Just click on the NCL Sun link and look for Skagway album.

Really, you are the only one that can decide whether it is worth your time and money. I'd say go for it.

Hi Tweedy, thanks for the info, the pictures look great and I will book the tour through the cruiseline.:) I enjoy looking at the beauty of nature and taking pictures.

Virginia

Hi guys, been thinkin of going to Alaska next yr on Rcl or Princess, and was wondering if the tour in Skagway, the Yukon Expedition & white pass scenic railway tour is worth the money and time? Its about 8 hr tour. Have been to Skagway many times, but have never been to Carcross. I've seen on the images of Google, the pictures. Any suggestions?

Virginia

We just got back from our southbound Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Seas. We did the White Pass & Yukon excursion with Chilkoot Charters. This excursion was my favorite of all our tours. They picked us up at the end of the pier, a small bus of about 25 and took us to the train. The charter had it's own rail car be sure to sit on the left side. After passing into Canada we left the train at Fraser and continued on the bus to Carcross, where we had lunch and did a dogcart ride, hold on. We then went on to Emerald Lake before we turned around for the bus ride back to Skagway. We mad several stops and the tour guide was great. I highly recommend Chilkott Charters for this tour.

We did the White Pass & Yukon excursion with Chilkoot Charters. This excursion was my favorite of all our tours. They picked us up at the end of the pier, a small bus of about 25 and took us to the train. The charter had it's own rail car be sure to sit on the left side. After passing into Canada we left the train at Fraser and continued on the bus to Carcross, where we had lunch and did a dogcart ride, hold on. We then went on to Emerald Lake before we turned around for the bus ride back to Skagway. We made several stops and the tour guide was great. I highly recommend Chilkott Charters for this tour.

Hi Lorey

I recommend them too - here's my attempt at recording it for anyone else considering it. It cost $179 pp All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]3WSaRzt5N0Q[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]aFpz4AHOcUs[/YOUTUBE]