Alternative dining on QM2

Cruise Lover Kathy

I just saw a sample menu for Todd English on the Cunard web sit. Does this change nightly or is it the same so different people have a chance to experience the menu?

Same question about the dinner sites at King's Court? Do they change every night or stay the same? A sample menu is posted; some things sound interesting but...

I usually enjoy the main dining room but everyone talks about the alternatives on QM2...we/I want to be able to plan a little so we can get reservations.

The menus in all the restaurants remain constant during the voyage. I would recommend booking Todd English the first night for a quiet romantic dinner. On the three trips I've taken, my wife and I have almost had the place to ourselves. On one trip we were the only diners the whole evening. On another trip there was only one other table, and on the other there were two other tables. I highly recommend Lotus for any other night.

The menus are the same. I have had dinner and lunch several times in Todd English and have enjoyed it. The menus are more interesting, and the execution of the menus is superior to Britannia. Most refreshing is the service which is much more coordinated and professional than it is in the Britannia. The spring pea ravioli, if on the menu, and braised short ribs (succulent!) are wonderful. I did not care for any of the Kings Court evening venues. Lunch is better in the Britannia - a good strategy for avoiding the aimless wandering and confusion that the Kings Court whacked layout encourages. Early breakfast is ok in Kings Court or Britannia.

You will enjoy Todd English & the ship very much.

According to the Cunard web site, Kings Court for dinner is by reservation but not with the extra charge like Todd English. You can see the menus there. Interesting to look ahead. I think it was patwell from another thread twho said you can actually make reservations on the dock while you are waiting to board. She said to look for the table. That's why I wanted to look for the menus ahead of time.

Archived