Alaska --

Considering a cruise to Alaska next summer, probably including a land extension to Denali -- we love Holland America due to the great tender crews as my DH uses a small scooter. Are the ports easy to get around ? Is there much to see/do in Denali. Choices are 1 - 2 or 3 days there. Do we need that much time ? -- we can't do the more strenuous day trips. Thanks. :)

In my opinion to make the most of Denali you need a full day in the park. I suggest you look at the Denali National Park website for information. They do have wheelchair accessible tour buses. I would also post a very specific question on CC with a heading such as Alaska Cruise and Denali land tour for those with mobility issues.

We just got back from a land/sea on Zaandam. Did three nights in Denali which was perfect for us. Had time to do Husky Homestead, Tundra Wilderness Tour and a Denali flight & glacier landing. Also took the shuttle to the park visitor centre and kennels. We felt that three nights allowed us to see plenty, without being rushed, and allowed a bit of down time to relax, read and do laundry. We travel with a manual wheelchair. I would recommend you spend as much time there as you can. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!