Booking in the UK

Sekhmet

Morning all, we're investigating taking a P&O Australia cruise as part of our second trip to Australia next year. The website seems only to cater to Australia and New Zealand passengers, unless I'm missing something, and the one travel agent we've spoken to here in the UK told us they "couldn't" book with P&O Australia, which seemed a bit odd.

Anybody out there with any advice/experience, please?

• 2 months later...

Hi Sekhmet

We had the same problem, we managed to book a cruise yesterday by ringing the 1300 159 454 number remembering to add 0061 to the front.

They managed to take the deposit over the phone and we received confirmation within 15 minutes

I know we rang Australia from the UK on a free phone number, but whether it was truly free, will only become evident when the bill turns up......

Good Luck

Jim

The P&O Aus booking system is only available to Australian booking agents.

People from other countries can book with P&O Aus, but they'll have to go through an Australian agent, or P&O Aus direct.

Unfortunately jimsilv, I suspect you will find the call will be charged. From the sounds of it you dialled your international access code, then 61 which means it's the same charge as any other international call to Australia. Those discounted numbers are only for domestic use.

In your situation, I'd suggest booking online (or worst case e-mailing) an Australian travel agent, as you can then do it without the telephone cost.

Thanks both for your replies.

Jim, we have also found a workaround - earlier this year we took a river cruise on the Mekong, booking through a UK travel agent but travelling with an Australian tour operator based in Perth, I think. So, we talked to our UK contact as we guessed they must have a 'partner' Australian agent and that turned out to be the case, and they can organise a booking with P&O Australia.

So, all being well, we can look forward to our second trip to the great Down Under next year.

• 1 month later...

This is an very interesting problem for us - because we are from Germany and the problem for us is almost the same :

In Germany we asked 5 TA's and everybody told us they can't book P&O Australia so we are also looking for a possibility to book a cruise.

Isn't it possible to book on their web page ?

Can you maybe help me with the name of the TA who helped with your booking ?

My email adress is

J.D.80 at web.de

Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked a Cruise with P&O Australia. We had Four offers, two from TA's from Australia (one had a higher Price the other had OBC but a lot of bad reviews) and one from the UK (for us it was more then 150€ per Person to expensive).

We now booked directly with P&O. You can't Book via Internet. I wrote them an Email and got an answer very fast. For payment they will give you a call. Our Assistent Osh is great and very nice.

Good luck 😊