LaRomana, DR help

marcyjane

we are 60 + Ladies get away cruise and are not lay on the beach for hours people. Looking for anyone that has done or can suggest a ship sponsored excursion with Carnival Conquest were we will be safe. We will be going in October 2016. Also is there very much inside the port area were the ship dock in La Romana Thanks so much :)

Edited by marcyjane

we are 60 + Ladies get away cruise and are not lay on the beach for hours people. Looking for anyone that has done or can suggest a ship sponsored excursion with Carnival Conquest were we will be safe. We will be going in October 2016. Also is there very much inside the port area were the ship dock in La Romana Thanks so much :)

I can highly recommend a private excursion, very safe and an excellent outfit who monitors the Carnival port times closely because they often change by 1 HR. If interested lot thrashers on the Seavis Tours Saona Island tour and check their site. Pro Excursions is another great outfit.

No need to book through the ship for a safe day.

>> lot thrashers << ??? LOL! Love that autocorrect!

Meant to say you can read through other threads here that discuss Seavis to see if the excursion interests you. Nice day on smaller boats, close to the water with 1 guide per boat. We had just one boat but there could be 2 on some days, you can see pictures of the boats on their site. The ride is generally a smooth one but there can be some bumps depending on sea conditions.

You will motor through the mangroves and the rocks of Penon, followed by a gorgeous beach and an amazing buffet. Then off to the Natural Pool where you can wade and see the many starfish. The guide gives you an interesting history of the area, and does a great job of seeing to everyone's questions. Just a nice day on the water and on Saona Island.

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/saona_special_e.htm

They offer other land-based excursions as well.

>> lot thrashers << ??? LOL! Love that autocorrect!

Meant to say you can read through other threads here that discuss Seavis to see if the excursion interests you. Nice day on smaller boats, close to the water with 1 guide per boat. We had just one boat but there could be 2 on some days, you can see pictures of the boats on their site. The ride is generally a smooth one but there can be some bumps depending on sea conditions.

You will motor through the mangroves and the rocks of Penon, followed by a gorgeous beach and an amazing buffet. Then off to the Natural Pool where you can wade and see the many starfish. The guide gives you an interesting history of the area, and does a great job of seeing to everyone's questions. Just a nice day on the water and on Saona Island.

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/saona_special_e.htm

They offer other land-based excursions as well.

Great will check out your suggestions. Thanks a bunch

I can highly recommend a private excursion, very safe and an excellent outfit who monitors the Carnival port times closely because they often change by 1 HR. If interested lot thrashers on the Seavis Tours Saona Island tour and check their site. Pro Excursions is another great outfit.

No need to book through the ship for a safe day.

By not booking through the ship, what guarantee do you have that a non-ship affiliated tour company will get you back to the ship on time? And what will they do if they caused you to miss departure?

tom

By not booking through the ship, what guarantee do you have that a non-ship affiliated tour company will get you back to the ship on time? And what will they do if they caused you to miss departure?

tom

Tom, you don't. That's the chance people take. Although most people that search here get good advice on good tour companies. but still something could happen that's why I book through the cruise line one less thing to worry about.

tom

The odds of the ship leaving port when an excursion booked through the ship is late in returning are low, but actually there's no guarantee either. The cruise line has no affiliation with the excursion outfit, nor any liability in the event of a problem. So it's advisable to self-insure (using travel insurance) whatever you choose.

Having said all that, Seavis and Pro E are very good at monitoring the Carnival port times (they do change) and you don't have to worry about them.

• 3 weeks later...

:DI was looking for something to do when stopping there, thanks for the info. And just to let you know, after my first cruise I have never booked an excursion through the ship again, always private and well researched. You have to be smart on doing a private tour, would I go to the ruins from Cozumel on a private tour...NOPE, its an all day trip, with boat to mainland then bus ride, this I would book with ship. I learned my lesson my first cruise where we did a beach break for $40 per person. It only cost $4 for a taxi each way and beach was free. And Just because you are on a ship excursions does not mean they will not leave, they will, but they will make sure to get you to the next port.:D