Dance club age restrictions?

retnuh281

On our last cruise, the DS was 17 and he was not allowed into the club. He didn't care, they just went somewhere else and partied. At 20, your group should have no problem as long as they show their IDs. :D

Yes, they'll be allowed to enter, and as stated, most nights they're checking the ID's (license, etc.) of those who have a younger look.

I'm 44, look mid-20s. I was carded! My 21 year old daughter, who looks like a teenager wasn't allowed in until I swore up and down that I was her mother. :D

Yes, they are pretty strict. Take the ID

They are.... but, we had two 20 year olds at Christmas - they went to the club, and although they can't buy alcohol.... they certainly can be served! There are plenty of young men who are 21 and who will buy beautiful girls drinks.

They are.... but, we had two 20 year olds at Christmas - they went to the club, and although they can't buy alcohol.... they certainly can be served! There are plenty of young men who are 21 and who will buy beautiful girls drinks.

If those young men choose to do so, they better be pretty damn discreet about it. Anyone caught handing an alcoholic drink to an under-21-year-old will get debarked at the next port. Since most 21-year-olds don't cruise solo, they'll put their friends in a difficult situation that way. And it's not customary to buy women drinks in bars anymore, so it's definitely not worth the risk buying one for someone under 21. Ditto for giving cigarettes to people under 18.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

Since when? Lol

If my observations are correct, it faded out sometime in the 2000's. Back in the 80's and 90's, I'm sure you've seen TV shows, movies, or even books where a man approached a woman with "hey, can I buy you a drink?" or sent a drink to an attractive stranger across the bar. And there was an unwritten rule not to accept the drink if she weren't interested. Whether it was good or bad, the custom was self-sustaining.

It's hard to tell what exactly caused things to change, but this approach now looks as quaint as putting one's jacket over a mud puddle. In the last five years, I haven't seen or heard of anyone buying a bar drink for a stranger as part of an opening approach.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I don't know where you live, but here in the Northeast men still buy women drinks in bars and it is still used as an open gesture.

Now, on the ship at Christmas, I witnessed more than one, heck more than 4-5 men offer to buy my daughter and her friend a drink or two... Heck, they offered at the 3card poker table with her dad and I sitting there.

If those young men choose to do so, they better be pretty damn discreet about it. Anyone caught handing an alcoholic drink to an under-21-year-old will get debarked at the next port. Since most 21-year-olds don't cruise solo, they'll put their friends in a difficult situation that way. And it's not customary to buy women drinks in bars anymore, so it's definitely not worth the risk buying one for someone under 21. Ditto for giving cigarettes to people under 18.

I have never seen anyone debarked for a first offence drink buy!

Usually the adult buying or giving the drink to the under-age,er is "Red Carded" and have their own drinking privileges taken away for a specified period which could be the entire cruise or just a few days and that is for a deliberate buy! second and third offence (even from friends to the red carded person) can result in a debark but that also is at the captains discretion!

In the night club if a guy buys or gives a 20 year old woman a drink "if seen" security would tell the woman she is not allowed to drink it and tell the guy the woman is under 21 and not to buy/give her alcoholic drinks and that is it unless they keep doing it against warnings.

You have to understand that ships security think the 21 year old Alcohol rule is unfair as in their country same as most of the western world a 20 year old has already been drinking legally for at least 2 years and many of the British entertainers and other staff are allowed to drink onboard under 21!

Also cruises in the rest of the world the drinking age limit is 18 so under 18,s are not allowed in the adult night club.

On Australian Cruises US Citizens are allowed to purchase and drink Alcohol as long as they turned 18 before the cruise and not during:)

I have never seen anyone debarked for a first offence drink buy!

Usually the adult buying or giving the drink to the under-age,er is "Red Carded" and have their own drinking privileges taken away for a specified period which could be the entire cruise or just a few days and that is for a deliberate buy! second and third offence (even from friends to the red carded person) can result in a debark but that also is at the captains discretion!

In the night club if a guy buys or gives a 20 year old woman a drink "if seen" security would tell the woman she is not allowed to drink it and tell the guy the woman is under 21 and not to buy/give her alcoholic drinks and that is it unless they keep doing it against warnings.

You have to understand that ships security think the 21 year old Alcohol rule is unfair as in their country same as most of the western world a 20 year old has already been drinking legally for at least 2 years and many of the British entertainers and other staff are allowed to drink onboard under 21!

And even if they are seen, how would security know said person is under 21? Same people checking I.Ds at the door are rarely the same person walking around. I'm 22 and I really look young, so of course I get carded each and every time I go to the adult night club. But no one comes around a checks when I have a drink in my hand. On my last cruise, seemed like security was more concerned with people not taking drinks on the dance floor than anything else.

And even if they are seen, how would security know said person is under 21? Same people checking I.Ds at the door are rarely the same person walking around. I'm 22 and I really look young, so of course I get carded each and every time I go to the adult night club. But no one comes around a checks when I have a drink in my hand. On my last cruise, seemed like security was more concerned with people not taking drinks on the dance floor than anything else.

Why do you think they allow over 18,s under 21,s in a drinking night club:)

Some think it is so DD can have a nice glass of Coke with Mum & Dad supervising :D

Young Women make men act really stupid and in the proses buy more drinks and stay longer than they intended to!:D:D:D

I have never, ever seen security ask anyone with a drink inside the club for their ID after they have already been carded at the entrance. All security cares about is people keeping their drinks off the dance floor at that point, and even then they are pretty half-hearted most of the time.

I didn't even know they checked ID's until I was going in with my daughter who was 20 and they tried to card me too. I just told them "Are you serious? This is my daughter?" and walked right in. I don't know if they were serious or not but I wasn't about to trek all the way to my room to get an ID that I would probably lose while dancing. I was not about to punch a hole in my ID to wear around my neck either. :cool:

I also bought my daughter 1 drink a day, In Mexico she bought her own drinks but while on board she just told me what she wanted and I got it for her. Since it was only 1 she wasn't walking around drunk but she would sometimes save the drink for having it in the club.

She never got hassled and no one said anything to me. We have traveled to other Caribbean countries as well and their motto is "If you're old enough to order a drink at the bar, then you're old enough to drink it"

That didn't fly with me when she was 16 but at 20 it held true ;)