PH Spa Suite Motion?

travelingduo

We were recently on the Quest and while onboard booked one of the PH Spa suites for a transatlantic sailing. We were excited about trying out the new suite until one of the waiters told us that we will be bouncing around like crazy at the aft of the ship. Has anyone sailed in the new suite and did you have any "motion" issues? Thanks!

We were recently on the Quest and while onboard booked one of the PH Spa suites for a transatlantic sailing. We were excited about trying out the new suite until one of the waiters told us that we will be bouncing around like crazy at the aft of the ship. Has anyone sailed in the new suite and did you have any "motion" issues? Thanks!

We stayed in one last July, there is definitely significantly more motion than lower mid ship decks and slightly more than the other penthouses on deck 10 forward. My wife and I discussed how bad it would be in rough seas, it is not so much the movement whilst in the room, it is the access stairs are a little precarious to say the least and if you add in high heels, a drink or too then late night climbs in heavy seas could be a little tricky.

I've noticed that the Odyssey and Sojourn haven't been fitted with these cabins as had been mooted, anyone know why?

We were in the Med [generally calmer seas than TA] and did not experience

excessive motion. The stairs can be a real issue as they are tightly spiraled but I have a cranky knee which may have added to my concerns. I was tempted to remove my heels and descend in stocking feet but was afraid of slipping. At the top of the stairs there is an uneven area/hump which is carpeted so a bit of a surprise if you are not paying attention. The rooms are lovely.