QM 2 & Tripod

crossing in May on QM2. We're trying to stay light and mobile the two weeks before in Italy.

However, I know from a previous crossing that I'll want a tripod to create some large format pix of statuary and friezes to frame up for the house. Particularly for the bronze friezes where I'll need to position a strobe off of the camera to get them properly lighted well and use a RC trip.

I was wondering what my tripod options are. Think the photo shop would rent me one?

http://www.amazon.com/Mefoto-A0350Q0C-Backpacker-Travel-Tripod/dp/B00BETIT4K/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1396299271&sr=8-8&keywords=mefoto

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. It is light, and packs up small. It comes with a carrying bag that is maybe 14 inches long and 4x4 on the short sides.

I think the whole thing weighs less than 5 pounds including the bag. It also has a wide setting for the legs for extremely stable low angle shots.

I am looking forward to our trip in May on the Dream when I will put it through it's paces.

thanks. Familiar with the gorilla series, but I also kind of remember the lay of the land of the shots we want to get, like the statue outside the planetarium. It's pretty open there and I'll need about 6ft height, not a lot of chairs or poles.

thinking...thinking...

Best bet might be to slip on of the camera staff a few bills for a short term rental.