Haven't cruised in 5 years

Jamie_lou1987

Hello! I haven't been on a cruise in 5 years. I know a lot of things have changed. I was wondering if y'all had any advice on what to pack, or just any other suggestions. We will be going on the Triumph out of New Orleans in June. I got the faster to the fun pass and was wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks!

Only you can decide if FTTF is worth it. You can cancel it if you change your mind.

Depends on your needs.

We have bought it once to try. Then we discovered it wasn't worth it.

Wont do FTTF again.

Don't forget to put wine in carry on if you plan on bringing on ship

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

We haven't cruised in 3 years, ourselves.

Consequently, I check these boards, virtually every day. It's the perfect source for up to date info.

We booked a March 2017 cruise, and we are already planning for it. We are contemplating the FTTF program, also.

Only you can decide if FTTF is worth it. You can cancel it if you change your mind.

Depends on your needs.

We have bought it once to try. Then we discovered it wasn't worth it.

Wont do FTTF again.

Don't forget to put wine in carry on if you plan on bringing on ship

Thanks for the advice!

Hello! I haven't been on a cruise in 5 years. I know a lot of things have changed. I was wondering if y'all had any advice on what to pack, or just any other suggestions. We will be going on the Triumph out of New Orleans in June. I got the faster to the fun pass and was wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks!

Well,,,it is high time you got back on a cruise !!! LOL.

what to pack, cant tell you because we are all different in our needs. I have been on the Triumph before and love it, great ship. New Orleans...I love this city, and some day hope to cruise from there.

FttF, as has been mentioned, is something you have to try once, and decide if you really like it, or need it in the future. I have used it twice and for me it was a good choice. I have a spinal problem that makes standing in place for more than a minute excruciating. Also, since I cruise solo, I appreciate being able to get early access to my room, to drop off heavy carry on baggage, so I don't have to lug it through the ship and the lunch venues. I also appreciate it for the debarkation zone 1, which comes right after self assist, so when I have a flight booked that same day, I know that I will get to the airport in time. You get access to the priority line at guest services as well, and priority tenders at ports of call where you tender from the ship.

I suggest for the price, of 50.00 per cabin, if you have fttf, try it once and see if it is worth it for YOU. We are all different with different needs.

Most of all, enjoy your cruise:)

We have gotten FTTF our last three cruises and really like it. The main reason is that we can get to cabin to drop our stuff off right away. We travel with some other couples so all the stuff goes in our room and we can explore the ship. I really didn't like being stuck on the Lido with our water, soda and carry ons (don't have to worry about water anymore).

Well,,,it is high time you got back on a cruise !!! LOL.

what to pack, cant tell you because we are all different in our needs. I have been on the Triumph before and love it, great ship. New Orleans...I love this city, and some day hope to cruise from there.

FttF, as has been mentioned, is something you have to try once, and decide if you really like it, or need it in the future. I have used it twice and for me it was a good choice. I have a spinal problem that makes standing in place for more than a minute excruciating. Also, since I cruise solo, I appreciate being able to get early access to my room, to drop off heavy carry on baggage, so I don't have to lug it through the ship and the lunch venues. I also appreciate it for the debarkation zone 1, which comes right after self assist, so when I have a flight booked that same day, I know that I will get to the airport in time. You get access to the priority line at guest services as well, and priority tenders at ports of call where you tender from the ship.

I suggest for the price, of 50.00 per cabin, if you have fttf, try it once and see if it is worth it for YOU. We are all different with different needs.

Most of all, enjoy your cruise:)

Wow thanks for all the advice. My husband didn't want to go on a cruise bc he didn't want to deal with the lines when it comes to getting on/off, so I'm hoping this makes it better for him!

We have gotten FTTF our last three cruises and really like it. The main reason is that we can get to cabin to drop our stuff off right away. We travel with some other couples so all the stuff goes in our room and we can explore the ship. I really didn't like being stuck on the Lido with our water, soda and carry ons (don't have to worry about water anymore).

Is there still water and lemonade available on the lido deck? I would be ok with that, but don't want to have to buy sodas. Did you pack water in your luggage?

Is there still water and lemonade available on the lido deck? I would be ok with that, but don't want to have to buy sodas. Did you pack water in your luggage?

There is still water, lemonade and tea available on Lido. You are not allowed to bring bottles of any kind on board anymore including water. (Too much smuggling booze in them apparently.) However, Carnival now sells a 12 pack of bottled water for a very reasonable $2.99 and it will be delivered to your stateroom - use bon voyage to order it. If you do change your mind and wish to bring soda on board, they must be in cans, 12 oz. or less and a limit of 12 per person. These too must be carried on and not packed in your luggage.

There is still water, lemonade and tea available on Lido. You are not allowed to bring bottles of any kind on board anymore including water. (Too much smuggling booze in them apparently.) However, Carnival now sells a 12 pack of bottled water for a very reasonable $2.99 and it will be delivered to your stateroom - use bon voyage to order it. If you do change your mind and wish to bring soda on board, they must be in cans, 12 oz. or less and a limit of 12 per person. These too must be carried on and not packed in your luggage.

Good to know! I'll just bring a tumbler or something and fill it with water or lemonade lol. Thanks for the info!

I know in the past I've carried on 12 pack of soda + some different mixers as I ordered booze from bon voyage (grapefruit juice+cranberry juice in plastic bottles) with no problems + 2 bottles of champagne - all in carry on...last cruise was 2014. can I still do this - cruising in october.

I know in the past I've carried on 12 pack of soda + some different mixers as I ordered booze from bon voyage (grapefruit juice+cranberry juice in plastic bottles) with no problems + 2 bottles of champagne - all in carry on...last cruise was 2014. can I still do this - cruising in october.

Now nothing in a plastic bottles is allowed. The new ruling is not that old.