Labadee Beaches

MsSWhite

I would avoid Adrenaline beach to swim as it is very, very rocky- at least it was last time I went. Big mistake setting up at the first beach we saw, haha. It is a nice spot to sit and watch the zipline if you're not getting in the water though. It also had volleyball and basketball courts off on the side if you're looking for those types of activities. I think my favorite is Columbus Cove. Soft sand and not rocky. Food, drinks, bathrooms are close by. Barefoot beach is also good if you're in a suite.

I'm trying Nellie's beach for the first time on my upcoming cruise, so I'm hoping that's a good one, too! I'm interested to see other's opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
I would avoid Adrenaline beach to swim as it is very, very rocky- at least it was last time I went. Big mistake setting up at the first beach we saw, haha. It is a nice spot to sit and watch the zipline if you're not getting in the water though. It also had volleyball and basketball courts off on the side if you're looking for those types of activities. I think my favorite is Columbus Cove. Soft sand and not rocky. Food, drinks, bathrooms are close by. Barefoot beach is also good if you're in a suite.

I'm trying Nellie's beach for the first time on my upcoming cruise, so I'm hoping that's a good one, too! I'm interested to see other's opinions.

Where is Nellie's Beach? Is it the furtherest from the ship on the right?

• 2 weeks later...
We always go to Columbus Cove. Calm water and a bbq picnic pavilion right there. You can have sun or shade.

Are there lounge chairs there to use?? Was going to rent those "clamshells w/ 2 loungers" through my cruise planner, but if there a loungers free to use, that's even better

Are there lounge chairs there to use?? Was going to rent those "clamshells w/ 2 loungers" through my cruise planner, but if there a loungers free to use, that's even better

Yes, they're free but we give a little tip to the guy that brings the chairs where we want them. We had a spot underneath a tree so a lot of shade. I second Columbus Cove!

If you are in a suite you will have access Barefoot Beach.

If not as others have said Columbus is nice.

A leisurely 15ish min walk.

Or ride the ferry.

The ferry is only one way, when you are done for the day, either hop on the tram, or walk.

Enjoy Labadee we do.

Columbus Cove ???

Looking at renting a beach bungalow at Columbus Cove for our 50th anniversary with our family. I looked at the map and as others said, its the farthest away. The map shows an icon of a bus or some kind of transportation, what is it and does it start end at the pier?

Reading all the reply's here I see there is BBQ restrooms close by......I am concerned about distance with some walking disabilities.

Help!! :D

BTW...Allure July 23rd. Family of 10, JS for us while rest of family enjoys boardwalk cabins.

TIA!!!!!

Columbus Cove ???

Looking at renting a beach bungalow at Columbus Cove for our 50th anniversary with our family. I looked at the map and as others said, its the farthest away. The map shows an icon of a bus or some kind of transportation, what is it and does it start end at the pier?

Reading all the reply's here I see there is BBQ restrooms close by......I am concerned about distance with some walking disabilities.

Help!

BTW...Allure July 23rd. Family of 10, JS for us while rest of family enjoys boardwalk cabins.

TIA!!!!!

When you get off the ship, on the pier there will be a ferry running for you to catch a ride to Columbus beach it actually looks like one of the old tendering boats, thats how big it is and holds many people.

Now mind you------you can only take the ferry there.

You would have to walk or take the tram back.

The reason is that you have to go thru security to get back on the pier and the check point is on land.

The ferry docks after security on the pier.

When you are done for the day you would be able to catch the tram to come back to the security area.

I think you should look at booking a cabana at Nellies beach taking the tram both ways.

The distance from Columbus to the tram ride could be tiring for some.

To bad not one person is in a suite and you could be taxi ride by the suite golf carts and then your problems would almost be solved, I think the limit on a cabana on suite beach is 6..

Good luck,

Let us know what you do.

Safe travels.

When you get off the ship, on the pier there will be a ferry running for you to catch a ride to Columbus beach it actually looks like one of the old tendering boats, thats how big it is and holds many people.

Now mind you------you can only take the ferry there.

You would have to walk or take the tram back.

The reason is that you have to go thru security to get back on the pier and the check point is on land.

The ferry docks after security on the pier.

When you are done for the day you would be able to catch the tram to come back to the security area.

I think you should look at booking a cabana at Nellies beach taking the tram both ways.

The distance from Columbus to the tram ride could be tiring for some.

To bad not one person is in a suite and you could be taxi ride by the suite golf carts and then your problems would almost be solved, I think the limit on a cabana on suite beach is 6..

Good luck,

Let us know what you do.

Safe travels.

TY...TY..TY!

I just hung up with RC and reserved a bungalow at Columbus Cove. Wish I read your post first, but since there are 10 of us, this will work better. I know not all of us will be there at the same time as they have a few excursions booked. I am not too concerned about using the tram and love the idea of having the ferry for the ride to Columbus beach.

Again thank you for all your suggestions. This is our 50th wedding anniversary with the family, we visited Labadee on our 25th anniversary so I know there are some BIG changes since then!