Type of insurance?

Gibelcruise

I'm having a hard time figuring out what type to look for when I'm on the comparison sites.

We are cursing Disney in December and we live in Maine. The only worry I have is flights being canceled due to weather. We are flying in very early that morning but if there is a blizzard or something I don't want to loose the cruise $. Air fair I can transfer to another flight no worries.

What is it that I'm looking for, and who sells it.

If there is a big storm coming we would know in advance, so I could wiggle flights if possible but with the cruise on the 20th before Christmas I'm worried about getting out in time.

Thanks!

Problem #1 is that you are flying in the day of the cruise. That's a problem even with insurance. Unless you take flight insurance, if it's offered by the airline, most travel insurance will only cover any change fees...not the full price paid....and if the flight delay is caused by weather, most won't cover anything. You have to read the terms and conditions of any policy you're thinking of purchasing to see how they cover a weather related delay. Of course if you fly in the day of the cruise and there's bad weather, no one will be flying so you'll miss the cruise, etc.

If it's known bad weather in advance, most airlines allow you to change the flight..without insurance.

Plan to fly in at least a day early and don't rely on insurance if you don't because insurance won't help if you miss the first few days of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums