QE2 Cabin 2092

John Paul Conti

Hi.

I don't have any experience of cabin 2092, but I've stayed in 2086 (also a Q3 grade cabin) many times. These cabins are very large with wood paneled walls. Looking at some old plans I have, cabin 2092 doesn't have a walk in wardrobe but does have a full sized bath tub, bidet and large dressing room.

These cabins are the original first class cabins, and were some of the best on the ship prior to the penthouse suites being added on what is now Sun Deck and Signal Deck. The wood paneling creaks a bit when the vessel feels some movement, but we feel that this all adds to the character.

Sorry that I have no photographs, but I hope that the brief description above helps.

Regards,

David

Oooh! I had 2086 once; it was great! I think it was a 15 day Xmas cruise in 2002/2003. I've also had 2074 and 2080.

I like the Q3's on Two Deck more than the Q2 (8014) I had once.

-Michael

Hi Michael,

I also think that 2086 is a great cabin: very spacious with a separate dressing room and a walk-in wardrobe. It was the cabin that we had when we first went on QE2 in 1995. and have since been in that cabin a number of times. We will be in 2086 again in a few days time, when we take our last voyage on QE2, so it will be a very bitter-sweet experience. (Don't know how I am going to get my Wife off the vessel when we return, as there will probably be lots of screaming and kicking to contend with!!!)

We have been in 8012 on Signal Deck on a few occasions, but quite frankly, these cabins (particularly those that are aft of the Butlers' Pantry) are smaller than 2086. OK, you do get a balcony up there, but for the forthcoming trip we did not think it worth the extra cost - not too much sunbathing to be done in December in northern Europe!

Another plus point (IMHO) is that 2086 has three large windows, which I prefer to the the windows in the Q3 cabins on One Deck.

Maybe we shouldn't post about the Q3's on Two Deck, as I have always considered these as one of the little lesser-known secrets on QE2!

Regards,

David

Archived