Winter 2013/14

Does anyone know when the brochure is out ? I was looking at cruise and stay on Celebration next September and its about £ 1340 with the preferred hotel. So I thought I wait and look for the prices for the Caribbean in November as I love going there.

I also would like to know if they have the same itinerary as this year. I don't mind going back to any of the islands (apart from Margarita island) but it would be nice to see some new places as well.

Marie

Does anyone know when the brochure is out ? I was looking at cruise and stay on Celebration next September and its about £ 1340 with the preferred hotel. So I thought I wait and look for the prices for the Caribbean in November as I love going there.

I also would like to know if they have the same itinerary as this year. I don't mind going back to any of the islands (apart from Margarita island) but it would be nice to see some new places as well.

Marie

Usually Nov/Dec time. I think last year it was the week before Christmas.

Sorry to hijack this thread Marie, but noticed a few posts regarding Winter 2013/14 in the past week so thought I'd add this here.

Noticed on Madeira's Port Authority Website that Thomson Dream, Celebration and Spirit have been booked in for stops at the end of 2013. Currently, they are as followed:

Mon 07 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 14 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 21 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 28 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 04 Nov 2013 - Thomson Dream

Thu 14 Nov 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 18 Nov 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 25 Nov 2013 - Thomson Dream

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 02 Dec 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 09 Dec 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 16 Dec 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 23 Dec 2013 - Thomson Celebration

Mon 30 Dec 2013 - Thomson Celebration

Some very weird dates that don't fit at all! :confused: :confused:

Traditionally it's always been a Monday that Thomson ships dock in Funchal, so don't understand the Thursday stops. Perhaps they're altering them slightly again, like they have this year by getting rid of Agadir on a few cruises. Also, Spirit is there on 25 November, 3 days later and also 4 days later? And currently Thomson have got Dream down to be doing western Mediterranean itineraries till early November. How can it be there and also in the Canaries? Dream also seems to disappear for three weeks in November and then magically appears again? Whether it is going into drydock for a couple of weeks after it does some Canary Islands itineraries, then returning sailing by doing a positioning cruise through Funchal? Also, why are all three ships doing the Canaries? Would have thought Majesty would be doing it again. If it is a mixture of Dream/Spirit/Celebration, Majesty I guess must be in the Red Sea. And why the sudden swap of Spirit to Celebration in December?

If these dates are correct (and I have my doubts) then it looks like Dream will leave the Canaries in November, and probably go to the Caribbean. Celebration might be in drydock in November and early December and then appear in the Canaries late December, and Spirit will cover for it while this happens. And then Majesty must be in the Red Sea then. I hoped that perhaps the new Far East itineraries (or equivalent) might have started next Winter, but if the fleet are all over the place like this, I highly much doubt it.

Think we should take these Funchal dates as only a guesstimate at the moment. They do seem very odd? :confused:

Sorry to hijack this thread Marie, but noticed a few posts regarding Winter 2013/14 in the past week so thought I'd add this here.

Noticed on Madeira's Port Authority Website that Thomson Dream, Celebration and Spirit have been booked in for stops at the end of 2013. Currently, they are as followed:

Mon 07 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 14 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 21 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 28 Oct 2013 - Thomson Dream

Mon 04 Nov 2013 - Thomson Dream

Thu 14 Nov 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 18 Nov 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 25 Nov 2013 - Thomson Dream

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 02 Dec 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 09 Dec 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 16 Dec 2013 - Thomson Spirit

Mon 23 Dec 2013 - Thomson Celebration

Mon 30 Dec 2013 - Thomson Celebration

Some very weird dates that don't fit at all! :confused: :confused:

Traditionally it's always been a Monday that Thomson ships dock in Funchal, so don't understand the Thursday stops. Perhaps they're altering them slightly again, like they have this year by getting rid of Agadir on a few cruises. Also, Spirit is there on 25 November, 3 days later and also 4 days later? And currently Thomson have got Dream down to be doing western Mediterranean itineraries till early November. How can it be there and also in the Canaries? Dream also seems to disappear for three weeks in November and then magically appears again? Whether it is going into drydock for a couple of weeks after it does some Canary Islands itineraries, then returning sailing by doing a positioning cruise through Funchal? Also, why are all three ships doing the Canaries? Would have thought Majesty would be doing it again. If it is a mixture of Dream/Spirit/Celebration, Majesty I guess must be in the Red Sea. And why the sudden swap of Spirit to Celebration in December?

If these dates are correct (and I have my doubts) then it looks like Dream will leave the Canaries in November, and probably go to the Caribbean. Celebration might be in drydock in November and early December and then appear in the Canaries late December, and Spirit will cover for it while this happens. And then Majesty must be in the Red Sea then. I hoped that perhaps the new Far East itineraries (or equivalent) might have started next Winter, but if the fleet are all over the place like this, I highly much doubt it.

Think we should take these Funchal dates as only a guesstimate at the moment. They do seem very odd? :confused:

We are on the Dream, 19th-26th Oct 13, Med Medley, goes no where near Madeira so can't be correct. Unless we are in for a big detour. Never mind would be exciting !

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

We are on the Dream, 19th-26th Oct 13, Med Medley, goes no where near Madeira so can't be correct. Unless we are in for a big detour. Never mind would be exciting !

That's what I thought was strange. Unless Thomson will have to announce that they are cancelling October itineraries from Palma? Guessing though that these dates are not correct, and that they could just be going simply off the fact that Thomson Dream is doing the Canaries in October this year.

Hope they don't change it, surely they can't when people are already booked.

You would think but it has happened before unfortunately, but usually because of dry docks being brought early! I'm pretty sure (if not 100% sure) that these dates are incorrect. I remember looking about this time last year for the following year, and the dates and ships were completely wrong to what it actually is this year. I think that the Spirit and Celebration dates are probably correct, but Dream's are just going off what it is this year.

Hope I haven't worried you. :o Pretty sure though that these are completely wrong. :)

we are on that cruise too

You would think but it has happened before unfortunately, but usually because of dry docks being brought early! I'm pretty sure (if not 100% sure) that these dates are incorrect. I remember looking about this time last year for the following year, and the dates and ships were completely wrong to what it actually is this year. I think that the Spirit and Celebration dates are probably correct, but Dream's are just going off what it is this year.

Hope I haven't worried you. :o Pretty sure though that these are completely wrong. :)

No, will try not to worry. It's perfect for us just as it is and doing a stay after and really looking forward to that particular hotel too, would be very upset if they did change it so let's hope not :confused:

We have got 3 before that doing the med in just under 2weeks:)

Oh your so lucky, we just get one a year at most, never mind though , it's more than a lot of people get and hopefully will have more in the years to come. Hope you enjoy the next two and see you next year !

Found this on the Palma Port Authority website:

I'm booked on the 5th October sailing and according to the published itinerary we should be heading for Ajaccio not Trapani??:confused: of well magical mystery tour may be on the cards

Traffic

Ship Origin Destination LLegada Salida Nombre Alineación Consignee Gt Cod. escala Flag Length Depth

B

THOMSON DREAM PALAMOS

(ES) TRAPANI

(IT) 05/10/13

06:00 05/10/13

23:00 PONIENTE/PERAIRES

(P120) INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 54763 313 MT 243,2 7,7

THOMSON DREAM BARCELONA

(ES) OLBIA

(IT) 12/10/13

07:00 12/10/13

(P120) INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 54763 314 MT 243,2 7,7

THOMSON DREAM PALAMOS

(ES) AJACCIO

(FR) 19/10/13

06:00 19/10/13

(P120) INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 54763 315 MT 243,2 7,7

THOMSON DREAM BARCELONA

(ES) OLBIA

(IT) 26/10/13

07:00 26/10/13

(P120) INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 54763 316 MT 243,2 7,7

NATARIOS S L 1

I'm booked on the 5th October sailing and according to the published itinerary we should be heading for Ajaccio not Trapani??:confused: of well magical mystery tour may be on the cards

Traffic

Ship Origin Destination LLegada Salida Nombre Alineación Consignee Gt Cod. escala Flag Length Depth

B

THOMSON DREAM PALAMOS

(ES) TRAPANI

(IT) 05/10/13

THOMSON DREAM BARCELONA

(ES) OLBIA

(IT) 12/10/13

THOMSON DREAM PALAMOS

(ES) AJACCIO

(FR) 19/10/13

THOMSON DREAM BARCELONA

(ES) OLBIA

(IT) 26/10/13

NATARIOS S L 1

The plot thickens !

Traffic

B

THOMSON DREAM PALAMOS

(ES) TRAPANI

(IT) 05/10/13

THOMSON DREAM BARCELONA

(ES) OLBIA

(IT) 12/10/13

THOMSON DREAM PALAMOS

(ES) AJACCIO

(FR) 19/10/13

THOMSON DREAM BARCELONA

(ES) OLBIA

(IT) 26/10/13

NATARIOS S L 1

The ports before and after Palma on their website are always wrong. They are based on the itineraries for that year before. So, these 2013 lists have itineraries based on 2012's cruises. It's only until the actual year that these itineraries will be operating do they get amended.

Went into Thomson shop on Saturday about 2014 cruises and was told brochure would be out December. I was also told by the Manageress that Thomson are having a BRAND NEW ship built!!!

I did ask if she meant brand new or just new to the fleet, but she said it was definately brand new. Probably aiming at the higher end of the market. Hopefully may get some further afield itinereries.

Janet

Went into Thomson shop on Saturday about 2014 cruises and was told brochure would be out December. I was also told by the Manageress that Thomson are having a BRAND NEW ship built!!!

I did ask if she meant brand new or just new to the fleet, but she said it was definately brand new. Probably aiming at the higher end of the market. Hopefully may get some further afield itinereries.

Janet

A BRAND NEW SHIP!!!! :D

Won't hold my breath yet as a couple of announcements over the past month or so have hinted that this maybe an option Thomson might go down in the future, but would be probably for the long term. Hopefully the manageress isn't just interpreting this.

Thanks for the info!!! Will have to keep on a lookout! If it is true, that is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :D :D

Janet

i was in the Thomson shop this morning Janet, reporting back on our cruise and the girls said end of this month for the 2014 brochure. :confused: lol we'll see

Berwyn

i was in the Thomson shop this morning Janet, reporting back on our cruise and the girls said end of this month for the 2014 brochure. :confused: lol we'll see

Berwyn

Perhaps their splitting them between destinations again. I know if they've had a new destination, like when Caribbean started again, or when they re-introduced the ex-UK cruises, they sometimes put this brochure out a month earlier. Perhaps, if a new destination for winter is going to happen, maybe these will be issued earlier? :confused:

I said exactly the same but she was adamant it was brand new!!!

I suppose after the mistakes and criticism last time regarding Thomson Dream being 'brand new', I expect staff are being very careful. Hopefully, this is definitely the truth.

If we are getting a brand new ship, I wonder what size it will be? There would probably be plenty of options of a second hand ship of over 75,000 GT, so if they're getting it built, perhaps it will be a ship around 55,000 GT, like Dream.

Archived