Medications

sailingtheseas36

Our upcoming cruise will be our first to Roatan and Belieze (it will also be going to Cozumel, but we have been there before)...I know many people are cautious about purchasing medications in Mexico, but for financial reasons, I am looking to stock up on some medications...My question is, is there a comprehensive list of the medications that can be purchased so I can plan ahead since we will only be docked for a short period of time?...I am NOT looking for pain medications!!! My interest is in much more boring medications ;) Any help or information will be greatly appreciated!!!

There are pharmacies in Roatan. There's a good one between Eldon's gas station and the airport. And another in the Mega Plaza. In Coxen Hole. If you're up at French Harbor there's one next tot eh clothing store b the waterfront. I've been in the one in Coxen Hole, but not for prescription meds. I don't think you need prescription paper work, but should have both the brand name and generic name for the meds you're interested in. I don't know of any list of what's available. Roatan is an island and they may carry only what is commonly used/needed on the island. As I understand, the prices aren't that much different than in Canada or the US.

I didn't see your query out on the Belize board. But there is a pharmacy at the Tourism Village in Belize City where the tenders dock. Also across the swing bridge in Brodies Department store on Regent Street (cool store to walk around in anyway). I have no information on either of these places or on buying meds in Belize.

Edited by crewsweeper

Belize also has at least two pharmacies in the secured area at the port. Labels and brand names vary, so be sure you know the chemical name for what you want. As I recall, prices were reasonable compared to full sticker price in the US, but did not strike me as cheap.