Passport security on zip line & Tabayana Beach

Le Cruiser

Hi All!!!

We're down to 31 days before we sail!! We've booked our excursions for Roatan - half going to do the Jungle Canopy/Tabayana Beach tour, the other half doing the Dolphin Encounter/Tabayana Beach tour. Our question is about our passports. We know you should keep them with you at all times, and we're going shopping at some sporting goods stores looking for compact waterproof pouches or cases. BUT - does anyone who's done either tour have any information about lockers being provided, especially at the Dolphin Encounter part? The last thing we want is for anything to happen to those passports!! Thanks in advance!

L.C.

Hi Kim.....I just returned from CCL Legend. We did the Canopy Tour/Tabyana Beach. It was announced on the ship that we only needed our ship "sign and sail" card and our drivers license. (Or photo I.D.) That's all we used during our entire cruise. Except the initial boarding during embarkation.

I don't know about the dolphin encounter providing lockers.....But for those of your group who are taking the canopy tour, you will take a bus up the mountian and they tell you to leave everything in the bus except cameras and sunglasses and the bus will be at the bottom when you get there.

Tabyana Beach is wonderful.....I absolutely loved it. It was the most beautiful beach of the entire cruise.

Have a great time......wish I was going again.

When we did the same itinerary on Princess, they also made announcements in the boarding lounge to 'put away your passports after you check-in; do not take them off the ship as they are prime targets for pickpockets'. I realize there are two differing schools of thought on this, but on that cruise we went with the recommendation and left the passport on the ship...YMMV.

Lockers were available at the Dolphin tours, but most people just handed off their bags to another participant as not all folks are in the water at the same time.

The last thing we want is for anything to happen to those passports!!

That's exactly why ours stay in our cabin safe. We never take them with us into the ports, to us it's not worth risking them getting lost or stolen. IMO there's a greater chance of losing the passport while out doing the tourist thing then there is needing the passport on an island and being without it.

Archived