Denali Cabine Nite, or Music of Denali, or Neither

rjm11

We will be in the Denali area next year for 3 nights (staying in Healy) with two kids (10 and 8). I've read the general synopsis and reviews, but would love opinions- has anyone tried both? Any pros/cons to one or the other? Any difference with kids?

I have done both. Very similar. Music of Denali (MOD) serves BBQ beef brisket, Cabin Nite serves ribs. Both serve salmon and other sides. MOD's story is about the first summit of Denali, Cabin Nite's story is about Kantishna and Fannie Quigley. Both are about the same price.

If you can find a coupon, I would go to that one. Both were fun to go to once, but for full price, honestly I would pass.

Note that Cabin Nite is at Denali Park Village, 10 miles south of the park entrance. MOD is at both Denali Princess and McKinley Chalet, both in the canyon.

• 1 year later...

Went last nite. My advice would be to skip it. Lackluster meal and a nothing special show. Actors / waiters were enthusiastic and did the best they could w/ a substandard script. At $70 a person, it was a real disappointment. I fed convicts for 36 years and could have put on a far superior meal. No excuse for how marginal it was.