booking excursions in store?

I've organised a cruise in June for my 21st and am currently looking at pre booking a few excursions, I was told while paying in store that I could book excursions in store for slightly less than the online price, does anyone have any experiences booking excursions in store and would you be able to give me a rough idea of how much I may get off? (I understand it may not be much but no harm in trying!)

I've organised a cruise in June for my 21st and am currently looking at pre booking a few excursions, I was told while paying in store that I could book excursions in store for slightly less than the online price, does anyone have any experiences booking excursions in store and would you be able to give me a rough idea of how much I may get off? (I understand it may not be much but no harm in trying!)

We Managed to push them for 10% off in store/Over the phone.

Have found Thomsons very hard to push on price! They just wont budge or hardly anything even when booking the pricier options !:mad:

Make a list of what you fancy doing then do some research on the destinations part of this forum and tripadvisor.

Very often the same trips (or very close to them) are available from the pier cheaper. Optionally you can pre-book them by email before you travel and pay when you get there.

Was in the Caribbean for a fortnight over Xmas. Did 4 Thomsons trips and 3 self booked trips all at different destinations.

The self booked trips were much longer +4 hours couple were +7 hours and were around the same price with lunch and drink thrown in so were far better value.

On the basis of the experience and VFM of the Thomsons trips this time around I don't think I will be booking many more with them. Looking at the prices available locally they are poor value and they increasingly rely on the notion 'you must book with us as we only wait for those delayed on our in-house trips'.

Horses for courses of course but once you have seen the other side it opens your eyes on what is possible.

booking thru thoms/any cruise line seriously inflates the price

in the caribbean its easy to book diy tours, local tour operators set up shop footsteps from the dock...they know what time the ship gets in and they know what time the ship sails, they know all the best places and the best times to visit them, in the caribbean they are universally friendly, helpful and genuinely proud to showcase their island

thomsons dont actually run any of their tours themselves, they just hire those same local operators to take you on a tour

if you hire a local operator yourself from the dock often you will go to the same place as the thoms shorex at half the price and you will be as well/if not better looked after

admittedly some tours cannot be booked ashore, this can happen when cruise lines strike exclusive deals with operators (st kits railway is one)