Pied Piper Bermuda Feedback

ORDPLATAA

Considering the May 2015 PP group to Bermuda. I did the TA on the Eclipse a few years ago and had a good time. Nice group of folks onboard and have kept in touch with a few since then. Just curious if anyone has done this trip before and curious as to thoughts about the group mix as well as what Bermuda is like (never been so how's the weather and is there enough to do for three days or will we be bored?).

Cheers!

Bob

you'll ever see. The British influence brings a certain European flair to the island - its more sophisticated than the carib & Bahamian isles...the people are very friendly and there is plenty to do.

I've been going there since the 1970's ....the ships had docked in Hamilton(the ships were smaller then) and that was fantastic. The dockyard that is now used was purposely built for the cruise ships.

Along w/ the beaches there is spectacular golf(go out to the Southampton Princess - lunch & golf....so beautiful My partner golfed & I drove the cart and made sure there were plenty of cocktails). we rented mopeds usually & got around the island that way..go into Hamilton & explore & one day head out to St Georges for the beach & lunch at a pub. Nite life is a little subdued but still lots of nice restaurants & hotels.

May is a wonderful month weather wise - not too hot & yet the nites are very pleasant to sleep - around 80 degrees during the day.

years ago - the ships left NYC on Saturday & by Monday morning you were docked in Hamilton - where you walked off the ship in the middle of town. The ship headed back to NYC on thurs afternnon & you were back in NYC on Saturday morning...one more day in Bermuda than you will have & we always wanted more....go for it & enjoy! (I've been over 10 times) And sailing out of NYC is fabooo every time.

Bermuda is gorgeous. And with PP, you can't lose. Worse case, a discount over normal rate, a few free drinks at social events, dining with other kindred spirits. You can be as social with the group, or do your own thing. Best case, you may make some dear friends.

Enjoy!

Never done Pied Piper but I must say Bermuda is one of the best islands I have ever visited, via cruise or otherwise.

Whilst many Caribbean islands leave one with a "been there, done that" feeling and often start to resemble each other after several trips to the region, Bermuda is in a class all it's own. The pink beaches, the refined culture, the friendliness of the locals, and the mostly spotless towns/cities are all things that make me long to return.

DO make sure to take afternoon tea at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess hotel. It's certainly a meal in itself so treat it as a late lunch. The elegant surroundings and formal service provide a quintessential Bermudian experience.

Also, we found St. Georges to be the more charming of the two major cities [Hamilton being the other] although both are worth a visit. Tobacco Bay Beach is paradise on Earth if you hit it during a slow period. Whilst the sand is not pink [as it's not on most of the north shore beaches], it truly is a beautiful place. For the "classic" pink sand head to Horseshoe Bay with most of the other first timers to the island. It is popular for a reason and should be experienced at least once.

Have a great time!