HELP ! -The Richmond Hotel- South Beach ?

mr jailerman

Anyone have any Information on this Hotel ? I am going to Miami Pre-Cruise with my DS (He's 9) This coming June , 2009. I was Booked at the Habana Libre but have since cancelled in the Hopes of finding a better Hotel in a better location. The Richmond LOOKS nice and the price is right at the moment. I did call the Hotel and speak with someone there recently and while they tell me that the Hotel is child friendly, I notice that all the rooms are single queen beds ? The property and the Beach front look awesome but then again that's how they are supose to look on a website right ? ;) How is the neighborhood ? Is it walkable during the day with a child ? Are things (Shops, Walgreens and so fourth walking distance) Any other hotel Suggestions you may have ? I have considered the Newport Beachside resort in Sunny Isles as they look to be VERY child friendly but was hoping to be much closer to the Port of Maimi as we will be taking a Taxi. Thanks for any info and have a great day.

Anyone have any Information on this Hotel ? I am going to Miami Pre-Cruise with my DS (He's 9) This coming June , 2009. I was Booked at the Habana Libre but have since cancelled in the Hopes of finding a better Hotel in a better location. The Richmond LOOKS nice and the price is right at the moment. I did call the Hotel and speak with someone there recently and while they tell me that the Hotel is child friendly, I notice that all the rooms are single queen beds ? The property and the Beach front look awesome but then again that's how they are supose to look on a website right ? ;) How is the neighborhood ? Is it walkable during the day with a child ? Are things (Shops, Walgreens and so fourth walking distance) Any other hotel Suggestions you may have ? I have considered the Newport Beachside resort in Sunny Isles as they look to be VERY child friendly but was hoping to be much closer to the Port of Maimi as we will be taking a Taxi. Thanks for any info and have a great day.

I could have sworn I answered this?

Okay, the Richmond Hotel is in an excellent beachfront location and is walkable to all of South Beach. Lots of shopping, dining, and attractions in very close proximity. There is a Walgreens and a CVS very close by as the hotel is a stones throw to Lincoln Road Mall.

Don't walk on the beach at night and don't leave your valuables on the beach unattended and you will be fine.

I wouldn't worry about the hotel being child friendly or not because with a pool and the ocean your son will not care about anything else.

Standard hotel rooms in South Beach are either one double bed or one queen. Two beds in a room is considered an upgrade so be prepared to pay for it.

Found that out the hard way when my two girlfriends and I had to share a double bed:D

I could have sworn I answered this?

Okay, the Richmond Hotel is in an excellent beachfront location and is walkable to all of South Beach. Lots of shopping, dining, and attractions in very close proximity. There is a Walgreens and a CVS very close by as the hotel is a stones throw to Lincoln Road Mall.

Don't walk on the beach at night and don't leave your valuables on the beach unattended and you will be fine.

I wouldn't worry about the hotel being child friendly or not because with a pool and the ocean your son will not care about anything else.

Standard hotel rooms in South Beach are either one double bed or one queen. Two beds in a room is considered an upgrade so be prepared to pay for it.

Found that out the hard way when my two girlfriends and I had to share a double bed:D

Thanks BlueHerons.. I am a mess with all this ! :D I have seen what you are talking about with the Richmond and sharing a Bed with DS.. I would have to REALLY want to stay there to get kicked all night for two nights by DS as he ALWAYS wakes up sideways in bed with all that tossing and turning ! :D Their will probably be a few co-workers staying at whatever Hotel I choose so I am now looking @ The Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort @ 4101 Collins. I realize there does not look to be much around this Hotel but condo's but the price is right and it is on the Beach and has a Pool and that's all any of us need. Are there any drug/liquor stores in walking distance from this Hotel ? As Far as Food, As long as their is Pizza delivery we will survive. We will take a Cab/Limo from Ft Lauderdale International to this Hotel and wont have a Car (To pay $25.00 Fee a day to sit at there lot :rolleyes:) We will then have to chew another cab bill and take one to the Port 2 days later and then Back to Ft Lauderdale International after the cruise. NOTE TO SELF : Save for the cab Fare !!!! :eek: Thanks for any additional info and take care of those TWO GIRLFRIENDS you were forced to share a bed with. (You Lucky Bast-rd !! :D)

Thanks BlueHerons.. I am a mess with all this ! :D I have seen what you are talking about with the Richmond and sharing a Bed with DS.. I would have to REALLY want to stay there to get kicked all night for two nights by DS as he ALWAYS wakes up sideways in bed with all that tossing and turning ! :D Their will probably be a few co-workers staying at whatever Hotel I choose so I am now looking @ The Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort @ 4101 Collins. I realize there does not look to be much around this Hotel but condo's but the price is right and it is on the Beach and has a Pool and that's all any of us need. Are there any drug/liquor stores in walking distance from this Hotel ? As Far as Food, As long as their is Pizza delivery we will survive. We will take a Cab/Limo from Ft Lauderdale International to this Hotel and wont have a Car (To pay $25.00 Fee a day to sit at there lot ) We will then have to chew another cab bill and take one to the Port 2 days later and then Back to Ft Lauderdale International after the cruise. NOTE TO SELF : Save for the cab Fare !!!! Thanks for any additional info and take care of those TWO GIRLFRIENDS you were forced to share a bed with. (You Lucky Bast-rd !! :D)

:D You see ! I told you I was a mess ! I am booked at the Deauville Beach Resort and I will hope all will be well... I know it's Old But they gave a Nice Rate over the Phone so I took the Bait.. I do think it will be a fun place for DS and that's very important to me plus he get's his own Bed again ! If nothing else, That's one thing this Hotel has over the Richmond (2 Beds). :D

Sounds like you've already changed to another hotel but we LOVED the Richmond. Yes, as with most SB hotels, it is old but the location is perfect and it is truly a beachfront hotel. We had no problems with our room (one bed). The room is small but efficient and the bathroom and older style - ladies will need to keep your stuff out on the desk, etc.

I would recommend the Richmond in a heartbeat. It's with a block or so of Lincoln Road, Walgreens, etc., Great location and no need for a car or cab rides only going to/from airpor and port.

Archived