Star May 4th cruise, port question

buckspc

I am sure I could find this if I dug but will ask here, are all the ports walk-offs or do you have to tender any of them? Thanks Buck, I am sure SeattleCruiser will know this, hope she looks at this thread.

On our Alaskan cruise back in 2004 (it was the rt out of Seattle), it was docked in Ketchikan, tendered in Juneau (because of all the ships there on the same day, but when another Princess ship left, the Sapphire moved into that spot at the dock), docked in Skagway and docked in Victoria.

One way you can find out about many of your ports is to check the individual websites of the ports. Many of them have a cruiseship calendar, which often lists the berths for each ship on each day.

Buck is on the Princess Star, on Sun. May 4th, will be at the Comfort Suites on May 2 & 3, sorry it wasn't made clear, thanks Buck

Will it be raining or a good chance of it? Will I be able to use the balcony on uncovered Dolphin Deck? Will I be able to get a table for 2 in anytime dinning and how to go about that. We are romantic and like to dine alone most of the time. We are not interested in other peoples grandchildren (LOL) just our own. This is just the way we feel, not for everyone we know but its our choice, thanks again for all the help, Buck

Buck is on the Princess Star, on Sun. May 4th, will be at the Comfort Suites on May 2 & 3, sorry it wasn't made clear, thanks Buck

Will it be raining or a good chance of it? Will I be able to use the balcony on uncovered Dolphin Deck? Will I be able to get a table for 2 in anytime dinning and how to go about that. We are romantic and like to dine alone most of the time. We are not interested in other peoples grandchildren (LOL) just our own. This is just the way we feel, not for everyone we know but its our choice, thanks again for all the help, Buck

It is likely to rain at least a little bit that early in May (after all, it is supposed to snow for Easter next weekend). You know, I don't think I have EVER seen a table for two on any NCL ship I have ever been on (of course, that could have changed, since I have not sailed with them in 3 years) other than in the specialty restaurants, and not all that many there, either. My DD and I prefer tables for two, also, so that is why we spend more of our time on Princess--easy to get there. The best thing to do is ask when you go aboard (go to the desk where they are taking dinner reservations near the Reception desk). They can certainly tell you if it is do-able.

On Princess, all you have to do is request a table for two when you come into the anytime dining rooms for your meal. They don't have huge numbers of them, so it is best to eat early (5:30) or late (after 9:00) to be sure to get one. After the first night, if you ask the maitre'd, they can make reservations for you even for anytime dining.

On our Alaskan cruise back in 2004 (it was the rt out of Seattle)' date=' it was docked in Ketchikan, tendered in Juneau (because of all the ships there on the same day, but when another Princess ship left, the Sapphire moved into that spot at the dock), docked in Skagway and docked in Victoria.

One way you can find out about many of your ports is to check the individual websites of the ports. Many of them have a cruiseship calendar, which often lists the berths for each ship on each day.[/quote']I too am on the Star for the May 4th trip.

We are the only ship in port at all stops but Victoria and then we are 1 of 2 ships in port.

I would assume that we will dock as there are no other ships in the area.

Archived