Buying OBC Exchange Aus to U.S Confused

Ru2on

Hi I admit up front I'm not good at maths my brain goes into a foggy mist, but I wanted to prebuy OBC due to our falling AUssie dollar. I tried to do a test buy and purchased one unit of OBC as a gift to myself. The web page showed an Aussie dollar charge of $32.40. I thought I will purchase and then it will show me what I have purchased in US $ , but it doesn't my invoice just shows a cost of Aus $32.40 for OBC of Aus $32.40 .. So my question is have my Aussie dollars purchased today's exchange rate of US dollars or do they not do the exchange rate untill you are actually on board and there is no savings in pre purchasing OBC . Apologise if my logic is flawed which is entirely possible :eek:

Hi,

I just did the same in Canadian dollar. For Each 32.40 you buy you will have 25 US OBC once onboard. So if you buy 10 x 32.40 = 324 $ you will get 250 US OBC once onboard.

Dakkar

Thank you Dakkar, good to know I have purchased the credit at today's exchange . Would have made it clearer if celebrity showed somewhere that I was purchasing $25.00 US. Out of curiosity what did $25.00 US cost you in Canadian ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The question is, if I did not use up all of my shipboard credit that I purchased, am I able to get it back at the purser's desk in US dollars ?

On my upcoming cruise on the Solstice, I have some shipboard credit as a perk for booking on my last cruise. So not really sure how much shipboard credit I need to spend on the ship, as I have already prepaid my gratuities.