Full Benefits of Future Booking on Celebrity Not Extended to Azamara Guests

delgados129

Royal Caribbean (the parent company of Azamara and Celebrity) apparently encourages cross-future bookings while onboard.

One of the incentives for booking a future cruise while on a Celebrity ship is:

• "For this cruise - receive onboard credit up to $500 per stateroom"
  • This is further emphasized on the flyer made available to Celebrity guests with the advertisement of "Receive up to $500 Onboard Credit RIGHT NOW! And get 123Go on your next cruise."

The policy for Celebrity 'FutureCruise Vacations' can be found here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

The small print refers to this as an "Instant Onboard Credit". However, the "Onboard Credit RIGHT NOW!" is not a benefit an Azamara guest, booking a future Celebrity cruise while on an Azamara cruise, can take advantage of; per Azamara and Celebrity guest relations.

This is a hole in the otherwise well intended policy to encourage loyalty amongst the Royal Caribbean family of cruise lines.

Both the spirit and letter of the policy should be structured for guests to realize its full benefit regardless of the ship they're on at that time of the booking.

Edited by delgados129

Hi Delgados,

What you've written above - about the immediate OBC option, is accurate, but it's only part of the story.

Celebrity also offers another program, where you can receive an onboard credit for a future cruise. When booking onboard Celebrity's ships, it's referred to as an "Old Style" booking. I was onboard Celebrity Eclipse 2 weeks ago, and confirmed both options (immediate OBC or future OBC), were available. There's also a 3rd option which is an open ended booking (Cruise Later) - where you do not select a ship or sail date. I agree it can be a bit confusing at times, but it's great that Celebrity offers a wide range of future cruise options.

In addition, there is a separate program for booking Azamara sailings while onboard Celebrity ships. As I have no current Azamara bookings, I'm uncertain of the exact details - but I believe it's either an OBC or possibly a reduction in cruise fare. Perhaps Bonnie or another CC member will confirm the specifics.

I hope this helps, and Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Royal Caribbean (the parent company of Azamara and Celebrity) apparently encourages cross-future bookings while onboard.

One of the incentives for booking a future cruise while on a Celebrity ship is:

• "For this cruise - receive onboard credit up to $500 per stateroom"
  • This is further emphasized on the flyer made available to Celebrity guests with the advertisement of "Receive up to $500 Onboard Credit RIGHT NOW! And get 123Go on your next cruise."

The policy for Celebrity 'FutureCruise Vacations' can be found here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

The small print refers to this as an "Instant Onboard Credit". However, the "Onboard Credit RIGHT NOW!" is not a benefit an Azamara guest, booking a future Celebrity cruise while on an Azamara cruise, can take advantage of; per Azamara and Celebrity guest relations.

This is a hole in the otherwise well intended policy to encourage loyalty amongst the Royal Caribbean family of cruise lines.

Both the spirit and letter of the policy should be structured for guests to realize its full benefit regardless of the ship they're on at that time of the booking.

Hello Delgados129, our Onboard Credit applies to a future voyage and Celebrity's is instant. We each have our own programs.