Excursions with a 15 month old?

WCC01234

We are cruising with our 15 month old in January. We will be on the Freedom of the Seas doing the Eastern Caribbean cruise. We took her on the Freedom in May of this year (7 months) and she did great! We are wondering if anyone has taken infants on excursions and if so, are there any tips or things to consider? Are they even allowed on any of them?

We are cruising with our 15 month old in January. We will be on the Freedom of the Seas doing the Eastern Caribbean cruise. We took her on the Freedom in May of this year (7 months) and she did great! We are wondering if anyone has taken infants on excursions and if so, are there any tips or things to consider? Are they even allowed on any of them?

Beach

St Thomas - Secret Harbor - rest rooms, restaurant, snorkel rental, no waves

St. Martin - if you want to shop, get a setup on the downtown beach so you can tag team the shopping. Walking over and back takes a little longer, but could be easier than the water taxi with a stroller. Little Divi is another possibility.

Coco Cay - another beach day.

I can't think of any excursion that is so wonderful on these islands that I would drag a 15 mo old along on it.

Depending on your child, they may enjoy a butterfly farm. Both islands have one, though the one in st. Maarten is a 15 minute ride from port. It would allow you to get out and see some of the island. My kids at 15 mos would also have loved the airplanes at Maho. I would take a cab rather than ship excursion so if you need to abandon your plans and head back to the ship, you are on your own schedule.

On St. Thomas, we took an open air bus/truck to downtown and Magen'a Bay. No seat belts/no car seat needed. The road is steep, though, so don't sit on the outside. I'd have no problem taking my 20 mo to Magen's Bay.

Some private tours will provide car seats, if you are comfortable with that.

We bought a cheap car seat just for traveling for our upcoming cruise. Won't need it on our one excursion (by bus) but we'll need it for taxis to and from the airport.