Carnival

sanspike

I am considering going on a Carnival cruise, which I have not done in a really long time, as I felt they were not as accessible as some other lines. Has anyone here have a really good or bad to say about Carnival. Also does anyone know if their ships have pool lifts. That is something they did not have last time.

Thanks.

I am considering going on a Carnival cruise, which I have not done in a really long time, as I felt they were not as accessible as some other lines. Has anyone here have a really good or bad to say about Carnival. Also does anyone know if their ships have pool lifts. That is something they did not have last time.

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge Carnival does not have pool lifts but that may have changed . Suggest you also contact their special needs office.

FYI - RCCL has a chair lift for 1 pool on each ship fleet wide. Usually the pool in the Solarium.

Thanks.

For almost any cruise line, the newer ships are more accessible than older ones, so if you do book with Carnival, look for the newest ships you can find. We were on the Carnival Spirit, which was very new at the time, and loved the spacious handicap-accessible cabin, but found that there were very few bathrooms in the public area that were accessible. I ended up having to go back to the cabin whenever I needed a bathroom.

I can't speak about the pools as I don't swim, but indeed, ask the special needs department.

Well I called Carnival and was told they do not have pool lifts on any of their ships, so we decided on RCCL for all around accessibility. At least with them I know what I am getting.

Thanks for your input.

Archived