Snorkeling with sharks in Bora Bora

Linabear

Lagoon Excursion with Maohi Nui, Lagoonarium - Open-Air Aquarium Snorkeling Experience, Sharks and Stingrays Encounter all mention snorkeling with sharks in Bora Bora on PG website under excursions for Bora Bora. There are probably more.

I've done what was called the Stingray Ballet several times. It includes time in the water with sharks and rays, chest or waist-deep water, snorkelling or just standing. Then there's time snorkelling beside coral heads, sans sharks.

PG must of dropped that excursion for our cruise on Aug 10th or is this a private excursion that PG doesn't support anymore? Maybe PG changed the name of it?

PG must of dropped that excursion for our cruise on Aug 10th or is this a private excursion that PG doesn't support anymore? Maybe PG changed the name of it?

Yes, that's why I referred to it as I did. In the really "old days" it was called "Shark & Ray Feeding", but they dropped the reference to feeding since it was considered ecologically incorrect. Let me see what sounds closest right now: "Shark & Stingray Encounter" sounds like exactly the same ship's excursion.

We just got back & did the shark & stingray tour through Moana Adventure Tours in Bora Bora http://www.moanaadventuretours.com/pricelist/price-list.pdf

From talking with people that did the PG tour, ours was a tad more adventurous and longer (3 stops, snorkeling, stingrays (& sharks) and then sharks. We snorkeled with sharks right outside the reef in the open ocean where it was about 30 feet deep and others were scuba diving. There were so many black tip sharks & 9ft. lemon sharks cruising on the bottom. It was amazing!

We also went to the Lagoonarium in Moorea on our pre-cruise stay. This was fantastic. Check it out if you can. So many sharks & stingrays too!

Gee, not sure I'd want to do the lemon sharks outside of the lagoon in BB. Sounds like it would be too much for me.

On the subject of lagoonariums: these are captive animals. Like an underwater zoo. Their lifespans are short, i.e., they get replaced frequently. This I was told by a zoologist who lives on Bora Bora.

Gee, not sure I'd want to do the lemon sharks outside of the lagoon in BB. Sounds like it would be too much for me.

On the subject of lagoonariums: these are captive animals. Like an underwater zoo. Their lifespans are short, i.e., they get replaced frequently. This I was told by a zoologist who lives on Bora Bora.

I won't do the Lagoonarium for this reason. :(