Pacific Eden food

Sanjanjo

Is the food really as bad on pacific Eden as most reviews report? Does P & O listen to the complaints of the passengers and try to improve things. Don't ships get audited regularly to help pick up their game?

I am a fussy eater and I mostly really enjoyed the food on the Aria.

The Pantry is like a set up like a food court but we never had to line up.

The was a selection of Mexican, Asian, Fish and Chips, Curries, Sandwiches, Indian, Baked Meat and Veges and also a Salad Bar.

If we did not get enough or didn't like it we went and got something else.

We really enjoyed Angelos and the Dragon Lady and alternated between them most nights. We just booked each morning from 8.00 am at the Monkey Bar.

We probably didn't enjoy the Waterfront as much as on previous cruises for breakfast if you ordered something that was on the set menu you had to wait. Lunches were quite nice, and Dinner we felt was a bit hit or miss.

We missed sitting at a set table with designated staff, it felt a bit impersonal.

We were on the Eden for an eight night cruise in May. Food was satisfactory. Most breakfasts we had in the Pantry except for when we went ashore on excursions. Pantry had a wide variety and you could go back for seconds if you wanted.

We didn't eat at Angelo's or Dragon Lady so I can't comment on them.

Most lunchtimes we ate in The Waterfront and every night. Food was generally very nice. I have coeliac disease and require GF food, so every night I ordered the next day's lunch and dinner and must say how very efficient and kind Michelle (in The Waterfront) was. She always ensured I had the menu to order whatever I wanted.

A couple of times the food in the Pantry was not hot enough, but on the whole it was fine. Staff were always happy and obliging. When I asked about GF toast they got it especially for me.

Apologies for being lazy, but this should answer your questions.

Review of cruise Pacific Eden Coral Coast from Fremantle, 19 June to 28 June 2016.

First of all, as a family of mum, dad, 12 yo son and 83 yo nana, we cannot believe how many people complain about the smallest of things. We are lucky to be in jobs where we experience nice dining, we go to shows regularly, and would admit that we do like the nicer things that we have been able to enjoy over the last few years. We have cruised with P&O, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. So this review comes from people who have relatively high expectations.

We decided to do this cruise based on two things. We wanted to try the newer ships and we've never been to WA. We were getting so worried in the lead up as we were seeing so many bad reviews, and were even met with comments as we were doing bag drop. Hubby and I were filled with trepidation as we completed check in. We need not have worried at all.

Firstly, the ship was immaculate in its fit out. If we could have smuggled chairs and decor off, we would have done. The Waterfront was exceptional. I know that not all cabins have been completely refitted, but even in the best hotels we've stayed at, there have been slight issues. We loved all of the public areas. The Pantry is not where we spend the majority of our dining, but the concept works. I just find it challenging to get four seats together most of the time, so prefer the Waterfront.

The entertainment staff were brilliant. I got to know them quite well as I love dance and attended all of the dance classes. Most transferred onto the ship with this cruise but did a great job, and I couldn't find fault. All friendly on approach and lots of fun.

Wait staff and cabin stewards couldn't do enough for us. No issues at all. We had a dodgy meal in the waterfront one night (overcooked pork chop) and we didn't complain, just left it. Three staff were beside themselves and offered to get another meal.

We missed two port days on this itinerary due to excessive swell not allowing us to tender. I'd much rather be safe and not put at risk, a lot of people complained, but I think the captain made the right choice. I know there will be a lot of posts saying the opposite but when the captain says there's a 2.3m swell and rising, I'll let him do his job.

To the people complaining about not being able to open your cabin window, pay more and get a balcony. To the people requesting compensation for missed port days, check the Ts & Cs on your cruise documentation.

Special mention to the HQ staff and The Edge staff for giving our boy a holiday to remember. Also if you get chance to see Hayden and Alexa Smith, make sure you do, also the Sexy Sunday Jamz. We especially enjoyed the last night on the Lido where we partied like we did 20 years ago!

All in all, a great cruise on a great ship and we'll be back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great report, thanks so much. I'll be going with 3 friends to PNG in October on the eden. 2 of the friends have never cruised so hoping it is as good as you found. I have cruised from P & O to Cunard and on princess, celebrity, royal caribbean and carnival so all very different. I go without expectations and have never had a bad cruise. In fact the best cruise director by far was Willie Lee on Pacific Jewel in 2012.

Hello

I have been on the Eden twice,

Me and my group did not enjoy Angelo's, on either of the cruises.

The food was bland, cold and the staff were not enthusiastic, we had chosen to go one night as it was a friends birthday, he asked for 2 desserts "because it was his birthday" the server said NO you can only choose 1 items each.

Dragon Lady was Amazing, food was creative and different, staff was lovely, atmosphere great. We noticed a lot of the upper staff, Captain and Guest Comedians were dining here too.

We had the no problem in the restaurant, which we ate in most evenings.

We Used the Pantry for breakfast and Lunch and were happy with the variety, My only complaint is the crappy tables and chairs they have in there.