Avalon Vista Smoking Section

Vicrea123

If it's like the two Avalon suite ships we've been on, the smoking area is not on the sky deck. It's at the very back of the ship on the Royal Deck (top deck with cabins) just behind the lounge where the coffee machine and snacks are located. I'm not a smoker, but I spent some time watching the scenery from the smoking area. The smokers are forced to endure diesel fumes, but I don't think that there's any chance that you'll pick up smoke in your cabin or on the sun deck.

If it's like the two Avalon suite ships we've been on, the smoking area is not on the sky deck. It's at the very back of the ship on the Royal Deck (top deck with cabins) just behind the lounge where the coffee machine and snacks are located. I'm not a smoker, but I spent some time watching the scenery from the smoking area. The smokers are forced to endure diesel fumes, but I don't think that there's any chance that you'll pick up smoke in your cabin or on the sun deck.

Avalon's website specifically says "Sky Deck" http://www.avalonwaterways.com/Avalon-Cruises/FAQs/

We cruised in Dec so not many people smoking - and I think the crew smoking area is slightly different than for passengers? There was occasionally a smoking smell in a few of the cabins - we noticed it once (we were midship on the 2nd deck) and another passenger who is a CC member mentioned they quite often had the smoke smell when docked. Her cabin was further back.

We did see people smoking where FuelScience notes, but can't remember if that was an official smoking area or not. Or if Avalon has changed in the past couple years and now only allows on the Sky Deck....

Take a look at the two images below. The light blue area of the deck plan is the smoking area. In the photo of the Avalon Poetry II you can see the smoking area below the sun deck with half a dozen or so chairs and some small tables.

35641029320_eea9d18159.jpg

35191055264_8ff62f390d.jpgr

Avalon's website specifically says "Sky Deck" http://www.avalonwaterways.com/Avalon-Cruises/FAQs/

We cruised in Dec so not many people smoking - and I think the crew smoking area is slightly different than for passengers? There was occasionally a smoking smell in a few of the cabins - we noticed it once (we were midship on the 2nd deck) and another passenger who is a CC member mentioned they quite often had the smoke smell when docked. Her cabin was further back.

We did see people smoking where FuelScience notes, but can't remember if that was an official smoking area or not. Or if Avalon has changed in the past couple years and now only allows on the Sky Deck....

We cruised in April of this year, and I don't remember anyone smoking on the sky deck. I know that people did smoke in the area behind the lounge. The CD would grab a smoke there from time to time.

Hi V,

On my last two cruises with Avalon, the smoking area was located where FS shows it.

The blue area is outdoors and closed off from the inside of the ship.

I was inside the Lounge when the ship was docked and smelled no smoke.

Enjoy your trip.

Ira

d another passenger who is a CC member mentioned they quite often had the smoke smell when docked. Her cabin was further back.

Here's perkyblue's review with the mention of the smoke smell....

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=269175

When we had the issue too, it passed quickly at least....

Thanks Hoyaheel

Take a look at the two images below. The light blue area of the deck plan is the smoking area. In the photo of the Avalon Poetry II you can see the smoking area below the sun deck with half a dozen or so chairs and some small tables.

35641029320_eea9d18159.jpg

35191055264_8ff62f390d.jpgThanks photo and clarification FuelScience