Carnival Sunshine muster

mosaic_mom

Does anyone know where the muster drill is held for special needs people on Carnival Sunshine ?

Carnival still holds their muster drills outside, on deck (at least they did on our last sailing). Your muster area will be designated on you sign and sail card and on the back door of your cabin. Even special needs persons have to report for the muster drill. Being disabled myself, I always leave my cabin a few minutes before the drill so as to not be overwhelmed by the crowd. I also wait a few minutes after the drill is over to avoid the crowds at the elevators.

Recent Carnival cruisers may have different information.

Every Carnival ship we have been on has had a special muster drill for special needs people (at the same time as regular muster drill) since the crew must handle special needs people differently in the event of a real emergency. By handling differently, I mean provide special assistance based on need. Yes, everyone is required to attend muster drill, but each Carnival ship we have been on holds it in a designated place, so I am trying to find out where that is on Carnival Sunshine. Normally, it is not with your assigned muster for your cabin.

I know what you mean by leaving your cabin early and getting places early and leaving after everyone has left. It is much easier that way than dealing with the crowds.

Edited by mosaic_mom

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises in the last year, both of them in a chair. Both times we reported to the normal assigned muster station. Once there we were separated from the able bodies and the staff checked us off a list. We did not have to sit thru the regular talk. They let us go before the drill was completed to get an elevator. It was pretty effortless.....just get there a bit early to avoid the crowd rush.