Anyone stayed at Melia Recoleta in Buenos Aires lately?

ann1bell

I have done a lot of research here and on Trip Advisor. I am considering staying at this hotel in January. Anyone stayed at the Melia Recoleta lately? Thanks.

Can't help with current information about the hotel itself, but I can offer my opinion about location. If you are going to stay downtown, Ave. Reconquista is about as good as it gets. Reconquista was converted a few years ago from a congested, busy street with several hooker bars occupying prominent spots....to a pedestrian mall. Gone are the hooker bars...instead there is an abundance of pubs and restaurants nearby, including an excellent steak house or two. Close to the port, and Plaza San Martin.

Sorry, I am the one who is confused. Not you. I need to do a better job of reading comprehension. I read Meiia and stopped....didn't pick up the Recoleta location.

The Melia Recoleta is in a superb location in an upscale part of town. My friends who have stayed there loved it, but I can't comment one way or the other about the hotel itself. I think El Sanjuanino is in the same block. Great spot for empanadas.