Isa65 booked car/ which beach? activity

cjmx

Hi ,

i have been reading many of your wonderful comments and helpful advice. We are arriving on boxing day, the day after christmas and I am worried about what might be closed, and which beach would be best, plus prices for the group of us?

Since we are a family of 6 (3 young adults ), i thought it would be less expensive to rent a car via avis and there are only one other cruise line arriving, so we are looking for an active beach?

thinking of casa abao or playa porto marie? we need chairs, shade and beach rentals. ie. kayak maybe paddle boards, food or availability to bring it in? And is there an entrance fee?

Also, since we have a car, and a designated driver can you recommend another activity besides your beautiful beaches ? And lastly do i have to be worried about any road closures?

thank you so much in advance?

cj

Hi CJ,

Boxing day you will find lots of stores closed, because everyone is off.

The best thing for you to do is get the car and head West. The road to the Western side is pretty basic, so you won't get lost easily.

Cas Abao has all you're looking for. On the way there you can stop and get refreshments (tip - take a couple of plastic bags with you. Buy 1 bag of ice cubes plus some beer/soda. Put drinks in the plastic bags with ice and you will have drinks for the beach).

Entrance fee is $6 per car.

No Kayak or peddle boards, but you can snorkle.

After Cas Abao, drive all the way to Knip Bay (prettiest beach) and after that drive back to town via Westpunt (Playa Kalki). On the road back you will see Shete Boka National park. You can stop there for gorgeous sites of the blow holes.

These are all very easy to find on the road map that Avis will provide you.

Don't wander off to isolated beaches and don't leave valuables in the car and you should be fine.

Have a great day in Curacao!

Rented a car from Avis, loved driving around the island. Roads were clearly marked. Better than most islands! We drove out to Porto Mari-amazing! Just verify with Avis their return procedures. they were not there when we needed to turn in our car. Had to leave keys in it at the port. Others had done this but we were never told they wouldn't be there. Never had that happen before! I e-mailed them from the next port and car was checked in correctly. But it made us nervous!