RCL Royal Poker Tournament 2012

aaronk56

I'm in.

Have obtained some information regarding last year's tournament which may or may not be similar to this year's.

In 2011 they had about 360 entrants and I heard that the total prize pool was $150,000 and they paid the top 70.

When I booked my reservation for this year, the very nice person I spoke with was able to tell me that last year you started the tournament with a 5,000 chip stack, initial blinds of 25-50 and 30 minute levels. Not the greatest structure but sure beats the satellites.

The tournament was held over three days, with two Day 1 rounds. Heard the final table was played in Studio B.

• 3 months later...

In 2011 they had about 360 entrants and I heard that the total prize pool was $150,000 and they paid the top 70.

Old thread, I know, but I had to remark that my poor husband came in 69th in that tournament. He was bummed. Guess we'll have to try again for next year. :D (I won a nightly table on one cruise leading up to 2011, but only came in 5th at the final table. But hey--not too very shabby. Just need a LITTLE more practice and focus, as I see it ...)

Archived