Las Caletas in the rain???

StarSong

Am going to be in PV in a couple of weeks and the Las Caletas excursion sounds lovely if the weather is good. However, a beach resort in the rain? Probably not quite so lovely.

At $99 per person it's a pricey excursion. Since PV has a rainy climate, I'm a little uncomfortable about booking this in advance.

Has anyone experienced this resort in the rain or does the tour get cancelled in inclement weather and monies returned?

Thanks in advance

The rainy season is closing out during October. Rainy days in November are rare. Here is last year's weather picture for November: http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MMPR/2013/11/1/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA You can change the date/year to do further research.

I'm not sure what your cruise line would do if it did rain on your port day. Then again, we've been coming to Vallarta for the last twelve Novembers and can't remember more than a day or two rained out.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Been there in the rain. We were skirting hurricanes on that cruise.

It started raining in the afternoon a little while before we were to leave. The rain was warm, and not too bad. On the boat ride back it rained a little harder, but the crew did a great job keeping everyone happy. They even played several rain-themed songs. CCR's Have You Ever Seen The Rain, as well as others. Everyone was singing. :)

Go and have a good time. IF it rains, it is usually in the afternoon for a short while. Don't let a little warm rain spoil your trip. :)

Am going to be in PV in a couple of weeks and the Las Caletas excursion sounds lovely if the weather is good. However, a beach resort in the rain? Probably not quite so lovely.

At $99 per person it's a pricey excursion. Since PV has a rainy climate, I'm a little uncomfortable about booking this in advance.

Has anyone experienced this resort in the rain or does the tour get cancelled in inclement weather and monies returned?

Thanks in advance

Please keep in mind that Las Caletas is not a beach resort. There is not a resort there at all. It is a beach with many amenities and lovely surroundings. I've been twice. The first time the weather was perfect. It was a lot of fun. We had a table for lunch that was right in the sand and only a few feet from the water. Amazing. The last time I was there it was raining cats and dogs and then some more dogs. They did not cancel the excursion. Many went back onboard the ship. I was solo on that cruise and decided what the heck. I have to say it was such a great day just for the sheer madness of it. I was fortunate in that there were some other "crazies" on the trip and we laughed and made the best of it. Well, some tequila shots helped.

It is up to you if you want to take the risk. I will tell you it is unlikely you will experience bad weather. The day I experienced the bad weather a couple of the tour guides mentioned how rare it was to have the rains like we had.