Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > P&O Cruises ( Australia )

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old October 15th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsync View Post
I am a US citizen who would like to book a reef cruise through P&O Australia, but it looks like only citizens from Australia and NZ can book on their website. I contacted the North American TA listed on the P&O UK website, but they informed me that they don't offer the Australian cruises. Am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for any advice/info!
I think you'd be VERY disappointed. We sailed Pacific Jewel to Melanesia beginning of the month for ten nights. Just returned last Thursday. We had a great time, the crew were wonderful and ports lovely. The ship? The line? Sad to say, especially since it is an Australian line and I'd like to stay loyal, we will not sail P&O again. The ship was tired, even after a spell in dry dock a month previously. It was just an exercise in marketing, everything was an extra. VERY disappointed, especially since sailing Carnival last year.

Last edited by Jamocall; October 15th, 2013 at 06:10 AM.

Old October 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM
10,000+ Club

Have you tried using the US based WEB site to book your cruise?

http://www.pocruises.com

vs.

the Australian version

http://www.pocruises.com.au

Old October 16th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsync View Post
I am a US citizen who would like to book a reef cruise through P&O Australia, but it looks like only citizens from Australia and NZ can book on their website. I contacted the North American TA listed on the P&O UK website, but they informed me that they don't offer the Australian cruises. Am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for any advice/info!
Hi I am also from the US and could not go through their web site so I had my TA book the cruise we wanted leaving from Sydney on Feb.26th for NZ hope this helps!

Last edited by Barbara T; October 16th, 2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Put wrong info about TA

Old November 11th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default It was hard, but I got it done!

I spent over two months trying to book P & O Australia without success. Finally found someone to help at P & O. Try ben.edney@carnivalaustralia.com. He was very helpful. Got the booking completed quickly and called me to confirm and get cc info.

Old January 6th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello.

I am also a USA resident and struggled to book and pay for a P&O Australia cruise. Although this information is maybe too late for the original poster, I offer this information as it may be helpful to someone looking at this thread in the future.

Here is my experience.

1. After speaking with P&O Australia, Princess and Carnival, they confirm there are no Travel Agents in the US for booking P&O Australia. I did also call some large, small and internet travel agents and they confirmed. Be sure you say P&O Australia (they all think you mean P&O UK).

2. For a US based person to book a P&O Australia cruise, you need to call the P&O Australia reservations office in Seattle, Washington. The number is 1-800-340-7674.

It was my experience that when calling this number the message said the office was closed even during open hours. Keep trying and don't wait for the last minute to book or pay. You never know if they will answer the phone. (I know this sounds not possible but it is.)

3. Eventually I called P&O Australia to try to escalate by problems with making a final payment. They could not help.

4. I was able to get excellent help from Carnival Australia. It seems that Carnival Australia has the infrastructure to help with Australian cruises for Princes, Carnival and P&O Australia as they are all owned by Carnival.

5. I was able to reach the following people at Carnival Australia who were wonderful and helped with multiple struggles I was having.

ben.edney@carnivalaustralia.com - seems to be the hands on guy to fix problems.

alison.osborne@carnivalaustralia.com - seems to be the manager of customer service

Amanda.McClelland@carnivalaustralia.com - seems to be the director of customer service

Again, my problems are resolved but I would like to contribute this helpful information to the community.

Old January 7th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

With all the other lines down here and some with a coastal itinerary, wouldn't it be easier to book one of those if you're from the US ? Eg RCI etc ?

rowdybd@gmail.com

Old January 12th, 2014, 06:44 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougo in oz View Post
With all the other lines down here and some with a coastal itinerary, wouldn't it be easier to book one of those if you're from the US ? Eg RCI etc ?
Easier yes, but that's not going to help much if you e.g. want to cruise in May, June, July, August...

Old February 7th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Angry It may not be worth the effort.

After two months of nobody being able to help, I got a person at CarnivalAustralia to make two reservations for me in July 2013 for April 2014 cruises. Everything went fine until now. You can't complete their registration as it is designed for Australian and New Zealand only. You can't enter personal data, emergency contact info, reserve shore excursions, or pay the invoices as they are all geared to Au and NZ. My contact at CarnivalAustralia is now not answering my emails and we are down to less that 90 days and I can't get my E-Ticket even though I have paid the invoices. Very frustrating.

Old February 8th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by exvpcbss View Post
After two months of nobody being able to help, I got a person at CarnivalAustralia to make two reservations for me in July 2013 for April 2014 cruises. Everything went fine until now. You can't complete their registration as it is designed for Australian and New Zealand only. You can't enter personal data, emergency contact info, reserve shore excursions, or pay the invoices as they are all geared to Au and NZ. My contact at CarnivalAustralia is now not answering my emails and we are down to less that 90 days and I can't get my E-Ticket even though I have paid the invoices. Very frustrating.
exvpcbss, if you are not using this email address - cust.relations@carnivalaustralia.com
try it and attention it to Alison. I have her to be very helpful and she seems to answer the queries on the P&O Australia Facebook page. Good luck.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Pacific Dawn 9-15-2012 New Caledonia and Vanuatu
Pacific Pearl 4-7-2014 New Caledonia

Old May 25th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamocall View Post
I think you'd be VERY disappointed. We sailed Pacific Jewel to Melanesia beginning of the month for ten nights. Just returned last Thursday. We had a great time, the crew were wonderful and ports lovely. The ship? The line? Sad to say, especially since it is an Australian line and I'd like to stay loyal, we will not sail P&O again. The ship was tired, even after a spell in dry dock a month previously. It was just an exercise in marketing, everything was an extra. VERY disappointed, especially since sailing Carnival last year.
P&O AU wont let North Americans book cruises because they would all demand their money back

Old May 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default P & o au

You're probably right. Most wouldn't exert the effort needed to book the trips and yes, the ships are tired. At least in our opinion the Pearl needs totally renovation. The Pacific Dawn was not as bad and was a better organized ship.