RC CocoCay Upcoming Trip

First Time Cruiser73

Hello,

I am a first time cruiser and am taking my 74 year old mother (who uses a wheelchair, but can walk short distances/she has COPD and gets out of breath quickly) on RC's Enchantment of the Seas this Dec. I am concerned about CocoCay and getting her off the tender shuttle and onto the beach. Do I need to research getting her "a beach powered wheelchair" because it seems everything I've been reading you need to walk a bit farther to get to a better area, or even find a good lounge chair. Should I even consider doing an excursion on a Catamaran? Your thoughts and advise appreciated. Also, I water ski--is there places to go to at CocoCay where I can hire someone to take me to ski? Thank you.

You can't waterski on Coco Cay...so that settles that! They have folks who will push her in a "sand chair"...you can't keep it and use it, but they can help, if needed. There is also a trolley of sorts that will take you past the most crowded beach area.

The tender shouldn't be an issue...it's got to be calm to make it to Coco Cay, so getting on and off the tender isn't hard.

There is no reason why YOU can't do a Catamaran excursion...your mom doesn't have to...and that may be a bit rough for her. She doesn't even HAVE to come to Coco Cay if she doesn't want to...the ship is up and running all day!! She would have the pool virtually to herself most of the day, if that interests her!