Laptop DC Adaptor on AA flights

Elizanessie

Can someone please help me out.:o

Flying with AA on thursday from UK to US....I have picked seats that have the powerpoint below them as I want to use my laptop on plane...my question is....what sort of DC adaptor should I use ?

I have a toshiba laptop....DC19v-3.42A....now I did buy a dc adaptor which has variable input/output but dont know if I bought the right thing.:o .....would I be better just using the laptop for short times with the battery instead ?

Thanks

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInformation/duringFlight/onboardTechnology.jhtml;jsessionid=YYSO30DXBMPB1EAJJMJU1DMQBFFTGVMD?anchorEvent=false

gives complete information. It might be easier to just enter aa.com then click through Travel Information|During Your Flight|Onboard Technology.

The short answer is: cigarette lighter type plugs delivering 15 volts with maxdimum load of 75 watts. Deliverng 15v to a 19 v circuit isn't going to hurt anything.

To answer your other question: Yes, you should use the PC infrequently. You should be SLEEPING on the flight. No one should have to suffer 8+ hours trapped on a plane in anything other than dreadmland. :)

Paul

Archived