Ice pack/freezer availability on Princess/X

ORDMan

Hello all,

We've not been on a ship in 2 years and want to go on a cruise this year, but in the meantime I have developed a back issue which requires me to lay on an ice pack several times a day to control swelling. Otherwise I'm fine and fully mobile, but take away the ice pack and there better be a wheelchair waiting.

We've been on several cruises with Princess and Celebrity, and remember the fridges in the cabin had no freezer. Is there anything that could be done for us? I use the large 12x12" vinyl gel-filled ice packs; a bag of ice cubes isn't really effective even if they could bring us enough ice. All we really need is access to a freezer to store the ice packs. Heck I would buy a small freezer to bring aboard (I know I can't, but certainly would to cruise again!)

Anyone with experience care to share? Thanks!

Have you contacted Princess or X access offices? I would think that if they can't provide a freezer in the cabin, you should be able to access a freezer through the Medical team onboard ship (assuming they have some type of freezer in their facilities).

Have you contacted Princess or X access offices? I would think that if they can't provide a freezer in the cabin, you should be able to access a freezer through the Medical team onboard ship (assuming they have some type of freezer in their facilities).

OP needs to make certain that there is no fee charge if the Medcial Dept can accomodate his/her request as fees can be very expensive.