Amsterdam Transport Suggestions Please

Chunky2219

Can anyone with experience of Amsterdam help me please?

We have a cruise in April that terminates in Amsterdam and will probably spend a couple of days in the city at a hotel before we fly home. I'm a wheelchair user (who can climb into a bus) and will have a reasonable amount of luggage, so I always like to plan in front for transport. When the legs worked I would have jsut taken the train from town to the airport, but that's not really an option now.

Several questions:

1. Can I just pick up a wheelchair accessible taxi or a mini-bus at the cruise terminal or do I need to book in advance?

2. If it's advance booking, any recommendations?

3. How far is it into the centre of Amsterdam and what should it cost me?

4. Any other suggestions for how to get there?

5. Same questions for hotel to airport, if I ask them to book something do they have any special vehicles like some other cities do, or will I be struggling?

6. Any other pearls of wisdom?

many thanks.

Can anyone with experience of Amsterdam help me please?

We have a cruise in April that terminates in Amsterdam and will probably spend a couple of days in the city at a hotel before we fly home. I'm a wheelchair user (who can climb into a bus) and will have a reasonable amount of luggage, so I always like to plan in front for transport. When the legs worked I would have jsut taken the train from town to the airport, but that's not really an option now.

Several questions:

1. Can I just pick up a wheelchair accessible taxi or a mini-bus at the cruise terminal or do I need to book in advance?

2. If it's advance booking, any recommendations?

3. How far is it into the centre of Amsterdam and what should it cost me?

4. Any other suggestions for how to get there?

5. Same questions for hotel to airport, if I ask them to book something do they have any special vehicles like some other cities do, or will I be struggling?

6. Any other pearls of wisdom?

many thanks.

Only been to Amsterdam pre-disability so do not have any direct information regarding your questions. Can only provide you the following links to check. Hope this helps.

http://www.sagetraveling.com/amsterdam-wheelchair-accessible-travel-tips

http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting/plan-your-trip/practical-info/disabled-travellers

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/amsterdam/765440

Hi Chunky, there is some info on this subject in the European disabled section that might be of help

Thanks, but all I could find in all 4 pages was a reference to the meseumboot. Can you point me to the info please? I'm really interested in finding out about cruise terminal to town, because that's something I can't seem to find with any amount of googling.

Hi Chunky,

click on cruise critic message board

scroll down to find heading Special Interest Cruising

click on Disabled Cruise Travel u will see sub forum disabled cruise travel ,under this is European Disabled Cruising,click on this then scroll down past announcements and u will see 5 posts 3rd down is heading Amsterdam buses click on this to open.

Hope this helps

Duh! Never spotted the sub-section tab at the top. :o Found it, many thanks.

Unfortunately, it tells me nothing about either wheelchair transport or how to get from the cruise port into town.

Still looking for some advice on that if anyone can help.