Back from Liberty of the Seas in Galveston- a few random thoughts and ramblings

I enjoyed this review! We live just north of Houston and this summer we'll take our second cruise on Liberty. I agree that it's not the perfect cruise, but still relaxing and enjoyable.

I loved your review ! I'm looking at a cruise on Liberty with 2 friends in Fall of 2018. My family and I are on Allure September 10th. I just read that the pools on Allure don't open until 11 am, (and if I could cancel without penalty, that 11 am pool time would make me do it! ), do the pools on Liberty open that late too ? I usually sail Princess, have never sailed RCI, and so I would like to know now if the 11 am thing is fleet wide with RCI or just a soul crushing anomaly on Allure. Thanks for any information you can give me.

I loved your review ! I'm looking at a cruise on Liberty with 2 friends in Fall of 2018. My family and I are on Allure September 10th. I just read that the pools on Allure don't open until 11 am, (and if I could cancel without penalty, that 11 am pool time would make me do it! ), do the pools on Liberty open that late too ? I usually sail Princess, have never sailed RCI, and so I would like to know now if the 11 am thing is fleet wide with RCI or just a soul crushing anomaly on Allure. Thanks for any information you can give me.

I don't think it was. That seems pretty late. I am not sure what time we went to the pool, but probably before 11 at least one of the days. We often would take DD to the kids water park before lunch and then to kids club for the afternoon session so we could get some time at the adult pool. I have some of the cruise compasses at home I think, I can see. I do remember they closed pretty early, like 6 p.m. maybe? If they did not open until 11, that would make for a short day!

Ah, now I remembered the last thought that I forgot earlier. It was regarding a prior review about Liberty and how parents had no "alone time." First I noticed in our inside room that there did appear to be a curtain. Of course the third bed was an upper and not a couch bed. But in that review, someone suggested to just do it in Vintages because no one was ever there. So every time I walked by Vintages (which was COMPLETELY empty ever time except once), I had to giggle to myself. :evilsmile: