Carnival wedding - carry on items

HappyHappy1

We just had our final call with our rep (Lissy) for our November 22nd wedding on the Miracle. She told us that every sailing guest is only allowed to carry on one item and non-sailing guests are not allowed to carry any items on the ship other than a purse. Is this true? Is carnival this strict?

This comes as a complete surprise to me as we have carried on more than one item per person on a regular cruise. (A carry on plus water/soda)

I hope someone can help me here.

Thanks

Dawn

It wasn't true for our wedding on the Pride. Our non-sailing wedding party members carried their dresses/tuxes on, and that was fine. Plus we carried a ton of stuff (rolling garment rack with our wedding attire, boxes for flowers, reception stuff, etc.) on with us!

Talk to your day-of wedding coordinator. She will give you the real scoop.

Edited by VASOXFANN

It wasn't true for our wedding on the Pride. Our non-sailing wedding party members carried their dresses/tuxes on, and that was fine. Plus we carried a ton of stuff (rolling garment rack with our wedding attire, boxes for flowers, reception stuff, etc.) on with us!

Talk to your day-of wedding coordinator. She will give you the real scoop.

How do you get in touch with the day of coordinator? Can I get this info from Carnival?

How do you get in touch with the day of coordinator? Can I get this info from Carnival?

We also got married on the Pride out of Baltimore and we also had several carry-ons per person. Our guests each carried at least two items (only my brother had wedding stuff) as well.

You can call Carnival to ask for your local coordinator's information or another Tampa (?) bride might be able to share that info.

We also got married on the Pride out of Baltimore and we also had several carry-ons per person. Our guests each carried at least two items (only my brother had wedding stuff) as well.

You can call Carnival to ask for your local coordinator's information or another Tampa (?) bride might be able to share that info.

Thank you. I will call to find our Long Beach, CA coordinator. Hopefully our guests can help. Mona and I are scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get our decorations, favors, flowers, and wedding attire on the ship if we can each only carry one item. We have 4 boxes of favors and decorations that we are shipping from our home in Texas to our hotel in Long Beach. That alone is more than we could carry on.

Funny that everyone I hear from was married on the Pride. That is the ship we wanted to get married on and had planned on getting married on until they moved her from Baltimore to Tampa for the winter.

I forgot that Miracle was heading back to Long Beach. ImaginationCruiseBride just got married, so she might have the information for the local coordinator. I really wish we had the ability to tag people.

You may want to invest in a folding garment rack. Then some of your boxes could sit on the bottom and you can roll a chunk of it on. We got ours from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $40 with a coupon. VASOXFANN apparently also had success with this method ;-).

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/commercial-grade-adjustable-folding-garment-rack/1011977235?mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_storage_&adpos=1o1&creative=39230296309&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7NyiBRCOhpuCm9Dq6b4BEiQA9D6qhft_ISF7Rd3flXXRNAGc5vWHwHLsexoyGwqJ8ANJq40aApkY8P8HAQ

I forgot that Miracle was heading back to Long Beach. ImaginationCruiseBride just got married, so she might have the information for the local coordinator. I really wish we had the ability to tag people.

You may want to invest in a folding garment rack. Then some of your boxes could sit on the bottom and you can roll a chunk of it on. We got ours from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $40 with a coupon. VASOXFANN apparently also had success with this method ;-).

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/commercial-grade-adjustable-folding-garment-rack/1011977235?mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_storage_&adpos=1o1&creative=39230296309&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7NyiBRCOhpuCm9Dq6b4BEiQA9D6qhft_ISF7Rd3flXXRNAGc5vWHwHLsexoyGwqJ8ANJq40aApkY8P8HAQ

That is a fantastic idea. Thanks for the info. I will reach out to carnival and post any results

Dawn

Yes. TWE (The Wedding Experience) will also be able to provide it if they are the company handling your wedding.

Edited by VASOXFANN

I certainly did! Thank you SO MUCH for the tip! :D I don't know what we would have done without it!

Thank you. I will call to find our Long Beach, CA coordinator. Hopefully our guests can help. Mona and I are scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get our decorations, favors, flowers, and wedding attire on the ship if we can each only carry one item. We have 4 boxes of favors and decorations that we are shipping from our home in Texas to our hotel in Long Beach. That alone is more than we could carry on.

Funny that everyone I hear from was married on the Pride. That is the ship we wanted to get married on and had planned on getting married on until they moved her from Baltimore to Tampa for the winter.

We got married on the Imagination in Long Beach in August, we carried on way more than that. Anita will most likely be your coordinator, I'm sure you can get in touch with her.