X80 bus this year

royal65

A CC search tells me that bus X80 quit running for the 2015 season on Oct. 31. Does anyone know if it will be running on Oct. 20 this year? Is there a shuttle running from the terminals to where the ship docks. I don't know yet where my ship will dock.

I just returned from Athens and used the X80 bus to get to the city. I can't say for sure when the service will shut down for the winter season but it worked out great for us. Very easy in fact. We docked at gate 11 with a Royal Caribbean ship. I could see gate 12 with a ship from Germany docked there. From our ship we rode a free shuttle bus which was parked right in front of the ship to the main gate. Then when you exit the port just stay to the left, along the edge of the water. You will actually turn into the parking area where the tour buses will be parked. That's ok, just stay to the left as you walk through the parking area and you will exit on the far side almost right next to the ticket booth to buy your ticket. The ticket booth had an attendant so that was easy to do. Once you purchase the ticket for 4.50 euros per person walk along the main road, up the inline just a little ways, maybe 20 yards and you will see the X80 bus sign. The bus itself was clearly marked with an X80 sign. We left at 8:30 and it took us about 45 minutes to get to Athens. We got off at Syntagma Square. There is an earlier stop for those going to the Acropolis. Our pickup point was at Syntagma square by the McDonalds. There is a sign for the X80 stop plus another sign letting you know when the bus will arrive with real time updates. We left Athens at 3:30 pm and it took us 30 minutes fro the return trip. The return trip was crowded with many having to stand all the way back to the port. It worked out great for us so don't be afraid to try it. it could not have been simpler.

I just returned from Athens and used the X80 bus to get to the city. I can't say for sure when the service will shut down for the winter season but it worked out great for us. Very easy in fact. We docked at gate 11 with a Royal Caribbean ship. I could see gate 12 with a ship from Germany docked there. From our ship we rode a free shuttle bus which was parked right in front of the ship to the main gate. Then when you exit the port just stay to the left, along the edge of the water. You will actually turn into the parking area where the tour buses will be parked. That's ok, just stay to the left as you walk through the parking area and you will exit on the far side almost right next to the ticket booth to buy your ticket. The ticket booth had an attendant so that was easy to do. Once you purchase the ticket for 4.50 euros per person walk along the main road, up the inline just a little ways, maybe 20 yards and you will see the X80 bus sign. The bus itself was clearly marked with an X80 sign. We left at 8:30 and it took us about 45 minutes to get to Athens. We got off at Syntagma Square. There is an earlier stop for those going to the Acropolis. Our pickup point was at Syntagma square by the McDonalds. There is a sign for the X80 stop plus another sign letting you know when the bus will arrive with real time updates. We left Athens at 3:30 pm and it took us 30 minutes fro the return trip. The return trip was crowded with many having to stand all the way back to the port. It worked out great for us so don't be afraid to try it. it could not have been simpler.

Is gate 11 at terminal A or B?

That is terminal A. There are a few more posts on CC that show that the bus stop for terminal B, gate 12 is just straight ahead as you exit the cruise terminal. In fact after the bus picked us up on our way to Athens it then went to terminal B and picked up a few people before going straight to Athens.

That is terminal A. There are a few more posts on CC that show that the bus stop for terminal B, gate 12 is just straight ahead as you exit the cruise terminal. In fact after the bus picked us up on our way to Athens it then went to terminal B and picked up a few people before going straight to Athens.

We just returned from a cruise and used the X80 on 4th October. Shuttle bus to Terminal A, then walked up to the Ticket office and bought tickets €4.50 return. We were able to get seats at the Terminal A stop, but when it got to Terminal B it was jammed!

Returning (9.20 pm) there was one other couple and ourselves on the bus!

I didn't see any mention of an end date.

How far is terminal A from the terminal A stop for the X80 Express. Looking at the map, it seems that it might not be a comfortable walk with bags, but that doesn't make sense.

From memory its about 300/400 yards. I didn't notice any storage facilities for bags under the bus (its a normal 'city' bus) so you would have to lug them on board. Could be difficult if the bus is close to full.

It might not be quite that far, 400 yards. It is an easy walk. Really not that far. It couldn't take more than 7 or 8 minutes to walk from the bus stop to just outside the gate where you will begin the boarding process. It is mostly flat with a little downhill section just as you leave the bus and walk down around to the tour bus parking area. Then just across the parking area which is flat. At the end of the parking you will be going under an enclosed area. Once you reach that area turn right, walk along the drive where taxi's are lined up, maybe 40 yards from where you entered and you will be at the check in area. Unless you have lots of luggage it is doable without a lot of effort.