Getting to Blue Lagoon on our own

scrappinannie

Hello, everyone!

We're visiting Nassau in April on our NCL Escape cruise and are very interested in trying to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on our own vs using the ship's excursion. We can save a lot of money booking on our own ($200!!) but am wondering how easy it is to get to Blue Lagoon on our own. Is the ferry dock close to where the cruise ship docks and if not, how far away is it? Would we have to take a taxi?

Also, where might I find the ferry schedule and island hours? I've been on their website and can't seem to find much info. on that. We're in port from 12-7. It automatically gives me a 1:00 excursion time if I book with the ship, 1:30 if I book on my own.

And pictures....I know we won't be able to take our own pictures and that picture packages are offered. Does anyone know the prices for them?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but hopefully someone here can help. Thanks so much!

Hello, everyone!

We're visiting Nassau in April on our NCL Escape cruise and are very interested in trying to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on our own vs using the ship's excursion. We can save a lot of money booking on our own ($200!!) but am wondering how easy it is to get to Blue Lagoon on our own. Is the ferry dock close to where the cruise ship docks and if not, how far away is it? Would we have to take a taxi?

Also, where might I find the ferry schedule and island hours? I've been on their website and can't seem to find much info. on that. We're in port from 12-7. It automatically gives me a 1:00 excursion time if I book with the ship, 1:30 if I book on my own.

And pictures....I know we won't be able to take our own pictures and that picture packages are offered. Does anyone know the prices for them?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but hopefully someone here can help. Thanks so much!

here's the FAQ information and ferry schedules. http://www.dolphinencounters.com/faq/

The 1pm ship excursion allows time to get your group together to board the ferry .. then head to PI to do the 1:30pm pick up.

You ARE allowed to take your own pictures, but you are not allowed in the water with your camera, (or to have it when you are interacting with the dolphins). Someone from your group who is not participating can take photos from the dock.

They allowed me to use my Go Pro in the water the entire time with the Dolphins - I Believe there website states if you are doing the Sea Lion Swim you cant have a camera with you. We also booked this on our own. We were on a Carnival ship. We took a taxi to Paradise Island and were let off right near the Blue Lagoon Desk. It was quite easy and very much worth the money spent.