taxi to 27 waterfalls

gartam

We paid $80 round trip. The official posted price is $80 for 4 people plus an extra $7 for each additional person. It was well worth it! The driver waited for us and gave us a little tour of the area...even stopping to get some local fruits for us to try! His name was Rafael Diaz and he was a blast!

I forgot to mention. The posted price described above is one way.

There are also non-official taxis outside the port but we decided against doing that due to a fellow cruiser having a very bad experience with an unlicensed driver from outside the port.

Thanks for your info! Since you paid $80 round trip and the posted price was $80 one way, did you negotiate to make it a round trip? I'm not so adventurous that I'd go "outside" for a taxi--we'll stick with those at the port. :)

Yes we negotiated with the man at the taxi stand. Our driver spoke English and we had a great time. Enjoy!

Thanks for your info! Since you paid $80 round trip and the posted price was $80 one way, did you negotiate to make it a round trip? I'm not so adventurous that I'd go "outside" for a taxi--we'll stick with those at the port. :)

I'm wondering if it would be possible to do this in the afternoon. What time did you leave and what was the total trip time? We'll be there overnight on the Fathom, so don't need to worry about the ship leaving.

• 3 weeks later...